Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

2 minutes ago, Fennec-Fox said:

Read well above before rushing

A Leicester rated a player we have back and firing on all cylinders at £75m. Considering the same set of supporters back him unconditionally for four years while others only took an interest last year, his opinion means far more. Had Mahrez played for France rather than sub standard international team, he'd be there

3 minutes ago, Fennec-Fox said:

Then fine, market rate, and 75M is not market rate for him, and that what I was replying to. Remember Mahrez wasn't rated highly at all in this forum + he only got one good year. So how is 75M with "playing hard ball" is market rate?!

I don't know were this 75m has come from. What I've heard is 50m which I would accept. I would not be happy with the club taking 40m or less.

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A Leicester rated a player we have back and firing on all cylinders at £75m. Considering the same set of supporters back him unconditionally for four years while others only took an interest last year, his opinion means far more. Had Mahrez played for France rather than sub standard international team, he'd be there

Ok whatever, and then they Accuse me being condescending!

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He has followed his late father's wishes .. that's an admirable thing actually .. none of anybody's business ... some things stand above and beyond fame and money for those who can grasp ...

Some reliable Barca journo says Mahrez is a potential signing. 

I'm sure he is talented enough to be a good bench player for them, but I also think Barca will consider the fact every single person in Algeria will be wearing a Barca shirt.

28 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I'm sure he is talented enough to be a good bench player for them, but I also think Barca will consider the fact every single person in Algeria will be wearing a Barca shirt.

Such cynicism !

so true .............

If they are interested, we should make make sure we sell  to Barca and put in a buy back clause 

8 hours ago, foxoffderby said:

I don't know were this 75m has come from. What I've heard is 50m which I would accept. I would not be happy with the club taking 40m or less.

I made it up, nothing to do with market rates etc. Just to do with the fact that mahrez is worth a lot more than players like stirling, who went for 50 million, and i find these derisory suggestions of 25 million ridiculous for the pfa player of the year 2 years ago, a premier league winner and a champs league quarter finalist. On his day he's one of the top 10 players in the world.

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I made it up, nothing to do with market rates etc. Just to do with the fact that mahrez is worth a lot more than players like stirling, who went for 50 million, and i find these derisory suggestions of 25 million ridiculous for the pfa player of the year 2 years ago, a premier league winner and a champs league quarter finalist. On his day he's one of the top 10 players in the world.

We were waiting for one of 'those' days for the whole of last season! 

49 minutes ago, weller54 said:

We were waiting for one of 'those' days for the whole of last season! 

Maybe we we waiting because he wanted to reduce his value. Maybe he'd been tapped by a potential club who would only pay 25million for him.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

The fact Pedro works so hard means that hazard can be as lazy as he is and Chelsea still look solid. You replace Pedro with Mahrez and they will have huge defensive problems. 

Hazard not lazy that's a myth conte wouldn't be interested in signing Mahrez If he didn't think he couldn't demand a good work rate from him. Conte makes them work hard each and every one of them otherwise they wouldn't be in the team. 

15 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Hazard not lazy that's a myth conte wouldn't be interested in signing Mahrez If he didn't think he couldn't demand a good work rate from him. Conte makes them work hard each and every one of them otherwise they wouldn't be in the team. 

Have you not seen hazard play? He does not track back. That's one of the reasons 4-2-3-1 wasn't working for them. 3-4-3 allows hazard to stay further up the field as Costa and Pedro work really hard. 

I don't think he's going to get the move he's after.

Its been over a week or so since he issued his 'come and get me plea' and all we've had so far are several outlets report he is being 'considered' by Arsenal, Chelsea and maybe Barca. He is definitely second/third choice on many of the big clubs radars at the moment if he even is on the radar.

If Arsenal really wanted him - They would have put a bid in by now. Wenger has just signed a new contract and he will be desperate to win over the fan base and would want to do business as quick as possible so they don't have another poor summer for Transfers - Especially with Alexis supposedly leaving too.

Chelsea don't need him and would only probably go for him as a replacement/back up for Hazard - Someone as 'fiercely ambitious' as Riyad wouldn't want that.

He isn't good enough for Barcelona - Just way to inconsistent and he's not good enough to dislodge any of the current front 3 they have.

Only way he'll get the move he wants is if a big club is panicking on deadline day.

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

I don't think he's going to get the move he's after.

Its been over a week or so since he issued his 'come and get me plea' and all we've had so far are several outlets report he is being 'considered' by Arsenal, Chelsea and maybe Barca. He is definitely second/third choice on many of the big clubs radars at the moment if he even is on the radar.

If Arsenal really wanted him - They would have put a bid in by now. Wenger has just signed a new contract and he will be desperate to win over the fan base and would want to do business as quick as possible so they don't have another poor summer for Transfers - Especially with Alexis supposedly leaving too.

Chelsea don't need him and would only probably go for him as a replacement/back up for Hazard - Someone as 'fiercely ambitious' as Riyad wouldn't want that.

He isn't good enough for Barcelona - Just way to inconsistent and he's not good enough to dislodge any of the current front 3 they have.

Only way he'll get the move he wants is if a big club is panicking on deadline day.

I think you're giving AW and Arsenal far too much credit. They're exactly the team I'd expect to do that :thumbup:.

1 minute ago, Lovejoy said:

I think you're giving AW and Arsenal far too much credit. They're exactly the team I'd expect to do that :thumbup:.

Haha maybe the Arsenal we've come to know but surely Wenger has to be on the ball this summer? A lot of fans and media wanted him gone and with Alexis potentially going he's got a massive uphill battle - They can't afford another summer where they sign someone like Flamini and Sanogo - Mahrez is basically begging someone to put a bid in and they haven't.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Nobody was going to come straight in for him, worst thing to do. If you want to drive down a club asking a high price you string them out as long as you can, get the player to say he wants to leave... wait until everyone gets a bit desperate and throw in a low ball offer.

10 hours ago, lgfualol said:

It's already the case to be honest ^^

3 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Have you not seen hazard play? He does not track back. That's one of the reasons 4-2-3-1 wasn't working for them. 3-4-3 allows hazard to stay further up the field as Costa and Pedro work really hard. 

Don't think you have pal if you think hazard doesn't track back might not do it as much as pedro but still does his hair share of defensive work for the team.

Archived