Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

James Justin - Luton Town

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4232848/Luton-Town-s-James-Justin-pace-determination.html

WHAT HAS HE GOT?

James Justin has progressed from a successful youth side into Luton's first team.

Should the full back keep his place in a team who are on track to gain promotion, he will not be embarrassed by the step up to League One.

Playing in a back four, He appears to have enough pace and is a right-footed player with square shoulders, a fair height and a determination to compete at the back post for defensive headers. 

When I last saw him defending in his area he made a great sliding tackle to deny a certain goal. This showed timing and bravery as a slip would have meant a penalty.

I liked the way he followed the winger closely and twice stepped inside, getting in good blocks. He certainly doesn't lack courage. 

When I see a young player in first-team football, I accept that the coaches are good judges not only of ability but also of his character.

Otherwise they would not have promoted him.

WHAT DOES HE NEED?

He needs to work on his crossing, when to hit the space at the near post and when to aim beyond the far post. 

His combination play is sound but there is less short passing at this level. He will also find few real wingers to contend with. 

Many teams in League Two employ a diamond or a narrow 4-2-3-1 system. The more wingers he faces, the more scouts will be able to make a considered judgement. However, the signs are good.

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4232848/Luton-Town-s-James-Justin-pace-determination.html

WHAT HAS HE GOT?

Playing in a back four, He appears to have enough pace and is a right-footed player with square shoulders, a fair height and a determination to compete at the back post for defensive headers. 

We're in desperate need of a square-shouldered right back. Danny Simpson is way too round-shouldered for my liking. 

Just now, Paddy. said:

We're in desperate need of a square-shouldered right back. Danny Simpson is way too round-shouldered for my liking. 

Would go well with the square-headed Huth

Interesting how our transfer strategy has changed rapidly, from signing a bunch of African internationals under Ranieri, to signing a bunch of lower league players under Shakey. At least it's much less of a gamble price-wise, and if things don't work out they can easily go to the U23s/on loan without anyone moaning, so we'll see what happens!

I used to play football with James's dad and was chatting to him recently about his progress. He'd only just signed his first pro contract at that time and had just broken into the first team - pretty sure he got man of the match when they played Villa(?) in the cup. If he does sign presumably it's with the future in mind although having a back up right back cant hurt.

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

could be decent, tho the daily mail have him at 24yrs and the Telegraph have him at 19yrs(which he is):ph34r:lol

I know which paper I'd go with lol. Also a Luton supporting mate confirmed he's still a teenager.

18 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Hope he's more successful than our last luton signing. What's happened to Cain anyway?

Spent this season mostly on the bench at Blackpool. Probs will be sold off this Summer. 

He was originally a central midfielder but has played right back, left back and left wing this season for Luton.

It would suggest he's comfortable on the ball and probably inexperienced as a full back. This might be one to improve the development squad and maybe training alongside Simpson and Fuchs could learn a lot? Six foot tall and sounds strong, quick and athletic if the "square shoulders" are to be believed which sounds an excellent profile for a full back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Justin

13 hours ago, brucey said:

Interesting how our transfer strategy has changed rapidly, from signing a bunch of African internationals under Ranieri, to signing a bunch of lower league players under Shakey. At least it's much less of a gamble price-wise, and if things don't work out they can easily go to the U23s/on loan without anyone moaning, so we'll see what happens!

We were linked with quite a few non-league players last year, and have been linked with a few foreign players this year. Although we are likely to see a change in the type of players we bring in its way too early to start making assumptions! 

Archived