Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

EXCLUSIVE: Riyad Mahrez to trigger £100m Leicester exodus this summer

RIYAD MAHREZ is set to kick-start a £100m exodus at Leicester this summer.

Leicester star Riyad Mahrez could be on his way out

The Algerian winger wants out of the Foxes with French side Paris St-Germain expected to spark a £35m auction for his services.

Keeper Kasper Schmeichel, record signing Islam Slimani, flop Ahmed Musa and striker Leonardo Ulloa are all set to move on.

Losing Mahrez would be the biggest blow to hit Leicester.

PSG failed in a move for Mahrez last summer but he turned down their overtures to sign a new £100,000-a week four-year deal at the King Power.

But news of PSG’s fresh interest will set the ball rolling for heavyweight clubs, including Barcelona, Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool, to make their move.

Leicester are braced for a frantic summer with £100m worth of talent head for the exit door.

Schmeichel is another star who is set to be lured away in a goalkeeping merry-go-round.

Manchester City and Liverpool would head the English clubs prepared to shell out £35m to get him.

Manchester United could also be in the mix if Real Madrid prise away long-term target David De Gea.

Slimani cost a record £29.7m but could also be on his way out after less than a year with West Ham thought to be interested.

Nigerian international Ahmed Musa is also frustrated at his lack of first team football and wants to move on.

He cost Leicester £16m from CSKA Moscow last summer but has failed to make any real impact.

Add to that the impending departure of Ulloa and it all makes the appointment of a full-time boss a matter of urgency.

Stand-in Shakespeare is favourite to be handed the job after a successful spell following the sacking of Claudio Ranieri.

Shakespeare has overseen a remarkable transformation at the dethroned champions, with Leicester taking 22 points from his 10 games to ease any relegation fears

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/613048/Leicester-transfer-news-Riyad-Mahrez-Kasper-Schmeichel-Islam-Slimani-Ahmed-Musa

"Losing Mahrez would be the biggest blow to hit Leicester." lol

That's coming from probably the richest rag in the UK.

Unless you have a crystal ball, don't speculate.

Let's see what this summer brings us. It's going to be exciting regardless.

lol love these sorts of stories. Mahrez wouldn't be the biggest loss Kasper would be.

Let the auction begin. I wouldn't begrudge Mahrez moving on aslong as its a club in the champs league and not English. PSG would tick the box nicely.

Musa hasn't proved it. I would like to keep him and see him fight for his place but if he wants out then so be it. Ulloa will prob end up at Brighton.

Would love to keep Slimani. Think he could have a great season.

This summer will be really interesting

10 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

lol love these sorts of stories. Mahrez wouldn't be the biggest loss Kasper would be.

Let the auction begin. I wouldn't begrudge Mahrez moving on aslong as its a club in the champs league and not English. PSG would tick the box nicely.

Musa hasn't proved it. I would like to keep him and see him fight for his place but if he wants out then so be it. Ulloa will prob end up at Brighton.

Would love to keep Slimani. Think he could have a great season.

This summer will be really interesting

Chances are, if one of the big two goes, the other goes as well and begins a chain of players checking in with their agents,

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Chances are, if one of the big two goes, the other goes as well and begins a chain of players checking in with their agents,

Kante left last summer and there was no exodus, each player is responsible for themselves imo, I have no doubt that the players such as the likes of Kasper, Drinkwater, Vardy and Mahrez are all ambitious and want to play in the Champions League on a regular basis.

Can we fulfil and match there ambition, the owners are an ambitious lot, so who knows.

12 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Kante left last summer and there was no exodus, each player is responsible for themselves imo, I have no doubt that the players such as the likes of Kasper, Drinkwater, Vardy and Mahrez are all ambitious and want to play in the Champions League on a regular basis.

Can we fulfil and match there ambition, the owners are an ambitious lot, so who knows.

We had Champions League football last year... this year, players have had a taste of it and would no doubt like more nights like that. If they suddenly see their chances of this reduced within their current surroundings, they will look after themselves.

I said on a post last week I wouldn't be at all surprised to make a net profit in the summer transfer window and I wouldn't be disappointed either.

Out of that lot I'm happy to see Ulloa, Slimani and Musa leave for fees similar to what we paid. They cost about £54m, around the £40m would be a decent return.

I'd be sad to see Mahrez go but if we got £40m I think it would be decent business. This was the sort of fee mentioned last season which would have been awful business but considering the season he's had, to get a similar price to last year's valuation is good business, there is a school of thought that Mahrez may have already peaked and it's a good time to sell whilst his stock is this high.

I wouldn't want to see Kasper go but if got £30m because a huge club came in for him and could replace him with someone like Pickford then that could be good business as well.

If the above happened we might make space for Gray and possibly Lawrence or even Barnes in the squad if Shaky thinks they're the level required.

If Mahrez did leave i would prefer it if he went abroad and i would like to keep up with his progress abroad but i would absolutely hate to sell him to another Premier League club and could not stand to see him playing in the Premier League for someone else. 

Kasper would be the biggest loss as finding a keeper of his standing that would be willing to come here would be no mean feat and we would undoubtedly have to pay over the odds on someone who would not be as good as Kasper.

Archived