Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

I'd have him, we may not like Pulis ( I do by the way ) but he plays the game from defence

Evans would have been drilled in his defensive duties for the last two years with WBA and NI

With the rumours of Wes and Newcastle still smouldering Evans and a Younger Centre Back would make sense.

You also have to think for a kid of 29 he's been around a long time just getting on with his job.  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Pulls has used him in midfield and left back this season, as well as CB. He's a quality, experienced PL CB - Arsenal wouldn't have tabled an offer if he wasn't decent.

i agree with, was it Babs?, add another CB & move Benny on. We'd have four proven PL CBS, plus Simpson, Fuchs & Amartey if needed due to injury or formation.

Pulis always wants to add pace to his squad so there may yet be legs in some sort of swap deal involving Musa.

It's a yes please from me.

In would suspect that, if its true that Newcastle would pay £7m for morgan, that we'd look to cash in as he should have no resale value very soon.  This sort ofv signing then makes sense. Id be very happy with Evans, maguire and huth as the established 3 with benny and the new young lad a bit further down the pecking order.

11 minutes ago, Milo said:

How about piss poor PL performer...(I win) :ph34r:

Perfectly palatable purchase. Proven PL player, plus potentially prudent partnering phuchs.....

.... Okay,  stretching it a bit at the end!

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

I wonder just how closely people have been following his career to call him such a poor performer

Ummmm...

....Was thinking of John O'Shea, not Jonny Evans ...:blush:

Evans would be a decent signing, Plenty of experience and knows the league well.

Not exactly the highly mobile CB I was looking for but decent never the less.

I still think Shane Duffy would be a good call, He's 6ft 5 inches. Very good in the Air and very brave also. He just needs to improve his kicking a little.

But would be solid and very cheap. I think he's also left footed.

14 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Evans would be a decent signing, Plenty of experience and knows the league well.

Not exactly the highly mobile CB I was looking for but decent never the less.

I still think Shane Duffy would be a good call, He's 6ft 5 inches. Very good in the Air and very brave also. He just needs to improve his kicking a little.

But would be solid and very cheap. I think he's also left footed.

The same Shane Duffy that scored about 5 OGs after getting refused a move? Recon il swerve that one.

13 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Anyone else starting to think Wes Morgan might be seriously injured, or his time at our club coming to an end?

I thought this earlier but remember Huth has also had to take pain killing injections over a long period as well. 

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I thought this earlier but remember Huth has also had to take pain killing injections over a long period as well. 

Dont be Silly, Huth is the Chuck Norris of footballers. 

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

Very good cb and excellent at set pieces. Would rather someone a few years younger but would be a smart signing at £12-15 mill if available. 

Maguire is decent from a set piece also. Imagine having someone decent to deliver them ? (Something we've been lacking recently)

14 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Can't believe how many fans think we're big time. We're an avarage club who sign avarage players with the odd exception. Evans would be a very good addition to the club.

Steady on, we're bigger time now than at anytime I can remember, and I went to my first game 50 years ago. We're at the stage now where we have the opportunity to push on and become more than an average club. If we sign 4 or 5 key players this summer and make the commitment to increase the ground capacity, we can become a side that consistently finishes in the top 6 or 7. Having said all that I would still sign Evans.

Archived