Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

42 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I thought this earlier but remember Huth has also had to take pain killing injections over a long period as well. 

I was on pain killers too watching Huth and Morgan play together for the most part last season.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Evans and Maguire would be a very sound centre half pairing I think.

I for one would be more then happy to start with both of them first game next season. Also think you would get the best out of Huth and Morgan if they started less games.

5 minutes ago, smiley said:

I for one would be more then happy to start with both of them first game next season. Also think you would get the best out of Huth and Morgan if they started less games.

Good point that. I think we can improve Morgan/Huth's longevity if we bring in 2 new CB's. I'd play Morgan/Huth against the top 6 (with no European distractions, I think they can still be a good pairing next season) & play the 2 new CB's against everyone else.

20 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Steady on, we're bigger time now than at anytime I can remember, and I went to my first game 50 years ago. We're at the stage now where we have the opportunity to push on and become more than an average club. If we sign 4 or 5 key players this summer and make the commitment to increase the ground capacity, we can become a side that consistently finishes in the top 6 or 7. Having said all that I would still sign Evans.

I agree with you we're in a good position but we had the chance to push on when we won the league and we didn't. Yes with 5 keys proven players we can push on but I'd be surprised if we got that many. Need another decent striker for a start and we're not even linked with anyone who proven.

8 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Good point that. I think we can improve Morgan/Huth's longevity if we bring in 2 new CB's. I'd play Morgan/Huth against the top 6 (with no European distractions, I think they can still be a good pairing next season) & play the 2 new CB's against everyone else.

I think one of Morgan or Huth will leave if we bring in both. If the interest from newcastle for Morgan is genuine and it's a good deal for us and him it's likely to be Morgan. 

Just now, smiley said:

I think one of Morgan or Huth will leave if we bring in both. If the interest from newcastle for Morgan is genuine and it's a good deal for us and him it's likely to be Morgan. 

Rather lose Morgan than Huth... 

Would Evans play ahead of Huth?... Can't see that. 

4 minutes ago, smiley said:

Nah Morgan and Huth will stay. It will be Benalouane that leaves, if we sign 2 CB's.

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Don't see the logic in that myself. We need genuine competition for places which one or two new CB's would bring. The regular CB pairing or trio (depending on formation) should then be selected on merit by the manager based on what he thinks makes up our strongest defence.

27 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Talk of Chris Smalling being available for around £10m.

I know who I'd prefer, it doesn't even need thinking about.

I think both would be class additions, Smalling however has the advantage of being two years younger than Evans, so still a bit more potential.

Smalling's recent injury history doesn't worry me that much, didn't Evans go through a similarly tough time not so long ago?

He appears to be at the peak of his career, playing-wise, now - so he would be a good addition to the back-line; but can't see WBA, who seem to be building something strong, selling him at this stage.

3 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Smalling is not going to come here, and we probably wouldn't want to pay Man U wage rates anyway.

Imo!

Of course he would come here if the offer was right. We can offer him 1st team football. Unlikely that Man Utd will want to sell him to Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

That said, he will probably end up at Everton alongside the other 40 new signings they want to make.

16 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

The problem with signings Mbodji he plays Right CB, same as Maguire, wes and Yohan.. 

Hate how people make out like this is a problem when it really isn't. You don't see people saying "Drinkwater can only play Right CM". They're top flight professional footballers playing in the centre of the pitch. Doesn't matter what side they play. 

Pretty sure he won player of the year at United once? Actually quite similar to Darren Fletcher in that he was not good enough for them for the early part of of his career then suddenly became a key player before injury pushed him back. If we could get him for under 15 million he'd be a brilliant signing

5 hours ago, Bert said:

Hate how people make out like this is a problem when it really isn't. You don't see people saying "Drinkwater can only play Right CM". They're top flight professional footballers playing in the centre of the pitch. Doesn't matter what side they play. 

Exactly good players don't need the lines and can play anywhere.

Archived