Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

28 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Our lack of urgency on this probably gives the impression that Shakey is putting his faith in James becoming a starter. A top form James/Drinkwater/Ndidi trio to pick from is alright by me. Barnes/King/Amartey are right to be questioned if you want to talk about squad depth.

That's why if we do get a signing in midfield he needs to be top class. But if we don't we've got to hope Barnes can step up and Amartey has improved substantially.

Pretty sure we'll be looking for a midfielder at some point. 

2 hours ago, toddybad said:

Pretty sure we'll be looking for a midfielder at some point. 

Depends on who we get for that 10 position, someone like Sigurdson can play both and I think it's quite possible we wouldn't get another considering the numbers we already have there. Someone needs to go out first.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Depends on who we get for that 10 position, someone like Sigurdson can play both and I think it's quite possible we wouldn't get another considering the numbers we already have there. Someone needs to go out first.

Mendy would be the obvious out unless Shake has seen something in training to make him believe he can be a top player. 

4 hours ago, EnglishOxide said:

Our lack of urgency on this probably gives the impression that Shakey is putting his faith in James becoming a starter. A top form James/Drinkwater/Ndidi trio to pick from is alright by me. Barnes/King/Amartey are right to be questioned if you want to talk about squad depth.

That's why if we do get a signing in midfield he needs to be top class. But if we don't we've got to hope Barnes can step up and Amartey has improved substantially.

That's a massive gamble going in to the season with that but I think the same is going to happen. Still a lot of question marks over every one of our central midfielders except for Ndidi and to a certaint extent Drinkwater. James still has to prove he's good enough at this level (I wasn't impressed during the 14/15 season) not to mention his fitness which he's made a promising step with his run at Barnsley. King looks out of his depth at this level when we're under the cosh, Amartey has potential but still no idea what his best position is and Mendy has fitness issues, whether he's suited to our style of play and/or this league in general.

I'd be surprised if Barnes plays CM for us, he'll be more likely to play anywhere across the attacking midfield and wide areas. 

A ma very good attacking midfielder in the number 10 role might mean we don't go for another CM but I hope we do. 

16 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes I always listen to other fans (they know so much and are always right) rather than making up my own mind based on what I have seen.

It's never a bad place to start. Who do you think could tell me more about Christian Fuchs for example?  You or a random Stoke fan? 

Getting the opinion of a player from someone who watches him week in week out is the closest that we as fans can do to scouting. 

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's never a bad place to start. Who do you think could tell me more about Christian Fuchs for example?  You or a random Stoke fan? 

Getting the opinion of a player from someone who watches him week in week out is the closest that we as fans can do to scouting. 

And that's quite enough talking sense from you foxy!!

This is Foxestalk. Bollox or nothing. Ok?

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

west brom are to make him their first £100k a week player. 

6 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

If he accepts?

Rejects??  Who knows.

I guess we'll find out soon..

lol You have to laugh at this sort of speculation!

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That's all well and good,but if it were true one could accurately assess players based on fans opinions we would have all of our fans in total agreement that for example Mahrez has been shocking this last season, or alternatively Musa should be kept on as we haven't given him enough chances! 

The fact that doesn't happen ( that we all agree) is that some opinions are wrong and some are right, and I don't necessarily believe that the majority are always in the right.

Therefore, I make my own mind up based on what I have seen and disregard everybody else's opinion.

I don't rate Evans on what I have seen, and what a bunch of morons who a regulars at The Hawthorns say, I will take with a pinch of salt.

£100k a week? - taking the piss.

13 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

That's all well and good,but if it were true one could accurately assess players based on fans opinions we would have all of our fans in total agreement that for example Mahrez has been shocking this last season, or alternatively Musa should be kept on as we haven't given him enough chances! 

The fact that doesn't happen ( that we all agree) is that some opinions are wrong and some are right, and I don't necessarily believe that the majority are always in the right.

Therefore, I make my own mind up based on what I have seen and disregard everybody else's opinion.

I don't rate Evans on what I have seen, and what a bunch of morons who a regulars at The Hawthorns say, I will take with a pinch of salt.

Of course you cannot take it as "fact" but as part of a wider body of "evidence" fan's opinions should not be ignored.  They are, at the very least, of some use.  And "morons"?  Jesus.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You're quite right, some opinions are correct and some are not but if I had to Base my opinion on what you think two people think of him, I'll go with the one that belongs to the person who has saw him more...

Take Danny Simpson for example, it's fair to say that the majority of Leicester fans see him as a solid, underrated performer. I'm willing to bet that fans of other clubs who might only see him two full games a season on top of MOTD highlights have a lesser opinion of him but our opinion is more informed so more likely to be accurate.

Luckily I though, opinion is not all we have to go off...we also have facts and the fact is he is an experienced PL CB who is a big part of a defense that generally performs alot better than ours.

3 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

And that's quite enough talking sense from you foxy!!

This is Foxestalk. Bollox or nothing. Ok?

It's been well over a week since our first and only signing. This is an outrage. We should boycott the club, chase the owners back to Thailand with sharp pointy sticks, sack Shakey, hire Woy and lynch Rudkin. 

#Thisisnoton #seasonruined

Look at me fitting in!

57 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I'd very happy with Evans tbh, always thought he's been a solid defender and has a turn of pace on him too, as long as we don't spend ridiculous money on him then I'd certainly like him partnered up with maguire next season at centre back 

I seem to remember Evans keeping us out pretty much on his own the last time West Brom beat us.

4 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Feels like we're wasting our time here.

Evans is ok but I dont think we should be spending quite so much time on it.

We have multiple targets which are being dual ran....don't panic ......yet

He's better than most of you are allowing, 'Irreplaceable' to most Baggies, he's left footed, has nous, has won the league, etc.

IMHO, he's worth, within reason, whatever the fee & wages add up to. That is, the approach we should have taken last summer with Deeney & Keane,..

19 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

He's better than most of you are allowing, 'Irreplaceable' to most Baggies, he's left footed, has nous, has won the league, etc.

IMHO, he's worth, within reason, whatever the fee & wages add up to. That is, the approach we should have taken last summer with Deeney & Keane,..

I just hope we've learnt because it seems to me last year we missed out a lot :(

Archived