Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

23 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Mark Bosnich was a great keeper back in his day who rarely came off the line.

I've always rated Jake Livermore. Very good at sniffing out opposition attacks...

On 15/06/2017 at 06:33, Bert said:

Hate how people make out like this is a problem when it really isn't. You don't see people saying "Drinkwater can only play Right CM". They're top flight professional footballers playing in the centre of the pitch. Doesn't matter what side they play. 

I know, it's absolute nonsense isn't it?

Telegraph usually reliable but cannot see WBA selling Evans to ourselves particularly if they are also interested in Smalling.

If we could attract Smalling that would really send a message that are getting our business done early and aiming well into top half of the table - it might also help us get Sigurdsson etc 

Really think it is better to spend money early on and get a good pre-season.If we delay I can see us actually spending more at  last minute inflated prices as happened last season

9 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Telegraph usually reliable but cannot see WBA selling Evans to ourselves particularly if they are also interested in Smalling.

If we could attract Smalling that would really send a message that are getting our business done early and aiming well into top half of the table - it might also help us get Sigurdsson etc 

Really think it is better to spend money early on and get a good pre-season.If we delay I can see us actually spending more at  last minute inflated prices as happened last season

Maybe they rate their chances at getting Smalling and are willing to let Evans go for that reason

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Maybe they rate their chances at getting Smalling and are willing to let Evans go for that reason

Meanwhile we tell them we will drop our interest in smalling if we can have Evans. Then we take both mwuahahaha :)

On 6/15/2017 at 06:33, Bert said:

Hate how people make out like this is a problem when it really isn't. You don't see people saying "Drinkwater can only play Right CM". They're top flight professional footballers playing in the centre of the pitch. Doesn't matter what side they play. 

Hmmmm I'm not so sure ..... I played CB for over 20 years (at a crap level), and was far better on the right than on the left...... But at that standard getting to the pitch first and standing on the right was sufficient to bag that spot!!! although its very different i can still see a player having a preferred side.

Archived