Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

I'm at a loss to understand the negativity on here - mind you it seems to come as standard!

There wasn't a player anywhere that I wanted more last summer. He'd have been perfect for us: foil for Vardy, Shinji upgrade, team man & clever too.

Do you all think he's shot to pieces 12 months on? C'mon! He had a bad season with a manager he didn't see eye to eye with.

He'd still be a Shinji upgrade FFS, and there's no reason not to have both him & Iheanacho.

Of course, that'd be bye-bye Musa, Leo & Shinji. But what's wrong with that?

FFS

If this is true then we need to be shipping out a couple of other strikers like Slimani, Musa, Okazaki or Ulloa.

With Iborra and now Deeney it has the feel of last year's transfer window when we threw cash around like a drunk in a strip club.

14 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

We deffo are going to give West Brom a run for most dull team next season. Expecting us to replace one of our interesting players in Mahrez with someone who is probably a defensive winger.

Already done it, Shakespeare's pencilled Albrighton in there. Guarantee he starts on the right with Simpson.

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

I'm at a loss to understand the negativity on here - mind you it seems to come as standard!

There wasn't a player anywhere that I wanted more last summer. He'd have been perfect for us: foil for Vardy, Shinji upgrade, team man & clever too.

Do you all think he's shot to pieces 12 months on? C'mon! He had a bad season with a manager he didn't see eye to eye with.

He'd still be a Shinji upgrade FFS, and there's no reason not to have both him & Iheanacho.

Anther big transfer fee on a 29 year old who has never been top class. 

I'd be selling 29+ year olds all day long if they've never performed at a top class level and someone was offering big money. Chances are they see out their contracts at Leicester and we never recoup a fee.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

He's a captain... So we have to have him.. 

#captainsrus 

Agreed, plus I suggest bidding 20m on the following:

Captain sensible (as it's sensible)

Captain Caveman (He's a beast)

and Captain Kirk because we could do some really great memes

#captainsrus

Kirk.JPG

He'd be better then Okazaki in the 10 role. But ffs we need some younger players up front now, this ship sailed when we spent £30m on Slimani, as our front line is going to be ready for the scrap heap all at the same time.

If we sign him then our long term squad building is completely rudderless... no pun intended.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He'd be better then Okazaki in the 10 role. But ffs we need some younger players up front now, this ship sailed when we spent £30m on Slimani, as our front line is going to be ready for the scrap heap all at the same time.

If we sign him then our long term squad building is completely rudderless... no pun intended.

Dont you know we cant work with strikers under 29 by now

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Proven prem player and people are moaning. Fans from the last 3 years no doubt ,who don't have a clue about Lcfc 

I would have loved him here at the start of last season, but something has gone wrong, he was awful and overweight when he came on against us, yes I know he had an ongoing spat with the Watford manager yet that's no excuse to act unprofessionally.

Im not sure whether he is the same player and if it's 20m then I think that's to much of a gamble now 

It's a crazy one. For me, as a player, he fits the build, hard worker, gets the odd goal and right attitude. 

However, for £20 odd million, it doesn't look a great deal. What I am most concerned with is if he is being bought instead of a Iheanacho type player, that really is a step backwards. 

1 hour ago, gcxttle said:

Would absolutely love that. I know I'm going to get abused but I'd take Deeney over Iheanacho any day taking into consideration the buy back clause. 

If that is even relevant Iheanacho would have to have been brilliant for 2 years. In 2 years Deeney will be 31 and pretty much washed up, if he isn't already.

If we got Deeney instead of Iheanacho I will be thoroighly devastated.

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Anther big transfer fee on a 29 year old who has never been top class. 

I'd be selling 29+ year olds all day long if they've never performed at a top class level and someone was offering big money. Chances are they see out their contracts at Leicester and we never recoup a fee.

Clearly the club don't care and the owners are happy to just write the money off. I don't think it's a particularly brilliant plan... but it's their money I suppose. I'm sure they are aware they are effectively writing a cheque for £35m they will never see again for him and Iborra.

17 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Nothing

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Absolutely, we broke the bank for Slim because this guy snubbed us. I'm snubbing him. He can rot at his beloved Watford.

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

I would have loved him here at the start of last season, but something has gone wrong, he was awful and overweight when he came on against us, yes I know he had an ongoing spat with the Watford manager yet that's no excuse to act unprofessionally.

Im not sure whether he is the same player and if it's 20m then I think that's to much of a gamble now 

I suppose it could be argued our whole squad acted unprofessionally last year because of a spat with a manager.

Archived