Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

Just now, Jakemoore said:

Mate - Deeney linking up with Vardy would be wicked!

If you don't see that you should quit football and go and watch Cricket or something else shit.

Considering their ages, how long exactly is that partnership going to last before we need to buy more strikers?

15 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Agreed, plus I suggest bidding 20m on the following:

Captain sensible (as it's sensible)

Captain Caveman (He's a beast)

and Captain Kirk because we could do some really great memes

#captainsrus

Kirk.JPG

You forgot this guy... 

John_Hewer_Captain_3603056b-small_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Mate - Deeney linking up with Vardy would be wicked!

If you don't see that you should quit football and go and watch Cricket or something else shit.

Yeh people said that about Slimani but we just ended up playing hoofball and cutting out the pace, which was our biggest strength.

I'm fed up of us spending money on players that don't suit our style and have no long term potential. 

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The two clubs agreed the deal in principle in January. Personal terms broke down as it sometimes does. They're having another go now.

Please tell me we're after another striker as well.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Clearly the club don't care and the owners are happy to just write the money off. I don't think it's a particularly brilliant plan... but it's their money I suppose. I'm sure they are aware they are effectively writing a cheque for £35m they will never see again for him and Iborra.

Unless you're prepared to invest your own money like Sheikh Mansour of Man City then that policy ends in tears.

As a club we can't afford to spend £70m on players in their late 20's like Slimani, Deeney and Iborra and not get a fee back especially as these sort of players don't take you to the next level but keep you in the division.

I'd much rather see us spend £30m on a 22 year old who we might sell for £10m or £50m two or three years down the line. I get the impression our important people are like a chimps tea party with their decision making.

7 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Although underwhelming and a big fee for a 29'year old I can't be the only person who thinks he would be the perfect partner for Vardy??

I don't mind him but not at that price.

He regressed last year in his performances and got a year older. The only thing that failed to regress is his price, I bet the Pozzo mob can't believe their luck.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Unless you're prepared to invest your own money like Sheikh Mansour of Man City then that policy ends in tears.

As a club we can't afford to spend £70m on players in their late 20's like Slimani, Deeney and Iborra and not get a fee back especially as these sort of players don't take you to the next level but keep you in the division.

I'd much rather see us spend £30m on a 22 year old who we might sell for £10m or £50 two or three years down the line. I get the impression our important people are like a chimps tea party with their decision making.

Staying in the league alone now generates what £360m + over three years? I'm guessing they think staying in the league pays for it.

Forget the next level stuff. Their first goal was to establish ourselves first and foremost. Last seasons giant feck up shows we haven't done that yet, the title was a freak. I think we need a rock solid comfortable as hell season before they start looking up.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Considering their ages, how long exactly is that partnership going to last before we need to buy more strikers?

Vardy has only been playing professionally for 5 years so I'm pretty confident his legs will hold for a couple of years more at least. And Deeney relies on his strength and power which age won't affect. I think if we can get two seasons out of them and they can hit 50-60 goals in those two years between them then £25m will be money well spent!

14 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Do you have any idea why it fell threw in Jan? Was it us, Watford or TD himself?

If you click on the link in his tweet it says the deal stalled over personal terms...

What 29yolds should we spending £25m on? 

Not many and certainly not this one.

With his build there will be no longevity in his career, in fact it looked like it was over, as he was over the hill last season.

Surely we would be better giving Man City an extra £5m for a young Iheanacho rather than going for this this lump of lard?

If this is true, you have to question the decision maker.

Shakey said he had targets ready to go - it's him.

Archived