Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I always thought a performing Deeney would really complement Vardy up top. Does no one think Troy can recapture his form and fitness? He ain't that old.

If he can catch a shag looking like that I have my faith in him catching anything my friend.

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I always thought a performing Deeney would really complement Vardy up top. Does no one think Troy can recapture his form and fitness? He ain't that old.

I've always thought he looked a pain in the arse to defend against, I'd have him. Isn't my money either so 20m is fine lol

14 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

2 yrs ago - yes

1 yr ago - maybe

now  - no

25m for a player who can't get a game for Watford - don't take the piss.

the only reason he didn't get a game for Watford recently was because he and Mazzarri didn't get on. Mazzarri was a massive **** and used his authority to drop him, much to the misery of other players.

If he's at Watford by the start of the season he'll be starting no doubt. 

We are obsessed with strikers aged 29-30. We need a younger striker with a point to prove to push Vardy and Slimani. Deeney to Leicester has passed now surely.

We'd be in danger of spending over £45 million on 3 players all uncapped by their country, disturbing.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We are obsessed with strikers aged 29-30. We need a younger striker with a point to prove to push Vardy and Slimani. Deeney to Leicester has passed now surely.

We'd be in danger of spending over £45 million on 3 players all uncapped by their country, disturbing.

I'd say proven premiership experience and ability trumps an international cap. Musa's got caps galore, see where that left us!!

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'd say proven premiership experience and ability trumps an international cap. Musa's got caps galore, see where that left us!!

I'd tend to agree to an extent but there's a danger we're paying over the odds for players that might not be that good. This is the predicament a lot of PL clubs find themselves in. It's easier in the Championship, less money and less expectation. We recruited so well under Pearson but recently I'm scared shitless by our approach. 

Deeney in to replace Okazaki and Ulloa, I could just about stomach but not for the price being quoted. 

31 minutes ago, brucey said:

John Cross seems like a legit source.. :|

although we've been told by various people that Vardy, Slimani and Ulloa are all staying, probably Musa as well, we're trying to get Iheanacho, we've no reason to sell Oka, and we're about to get Iborra who can operate as a makeshift striker..... just seems a teeny bit excessive to me, what's that like 8 strikers?

*a deeney bit excessive

As much as I like him and can’t believe some of the personal stick he is getting on here I do  feel like 25-30 million could get Dembele from Celtic....whether he would join us is a different question altogether. 

Definitely have mixed feelings about this. 

Having said that, I felt the same when we bought Speedie - that turned out alright (ok we didn't shell out a lot for him)

Can you imagine the reaction had Foxestalk been around back then?

Archived