Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

13 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Troy Deeney has a pass completion of 59%. The last thing we need is another player incapable of passing a ball.

Depends on the context. If he's always trying to be progressive with his passing, playing it forward & putting in through balls then a low pass completion % is understandable. But if he's playing simple passes and only has a 59% completion rate then I understand the concern.

Troy Tempest would be a better bet.. I really hope this is one transfer that does not happen.  And suggestions of a swop for Slimani.......if true, this should be the last act of our DoF!

2 hours ago, roblcfc84 said:

If the chopper was off to Darlington that suggests Gibson?

Took off from Gatwick. Maybe taking him and family back home after holiday in Portugal. Top saying "One of the perks of playing for Leicester son"

To see Deeney not really interested is a bit of a shock, as I don't really follow them. His excellent character and attitude were a given for years. He was the captain and undisputed leader there, so things must have been really bad behind the scenes.

This would be far better value than a year ago, but I still think Slim could come good, so I'm not sure if we might do better with a younger, emerging player to give us a better balance.

Said it so many times, I rate him massively and would love him at Leicester.

Play him just behind Vardy like Watford did with him and Ighalo the partnership could be lethal, on his day he can give any defender a hard time, a great physical presence who is capable of linking up and scoring goals.

Average at times last season but Mazzarri didn't help, think most of the Watford team were fed up towards the back end of last season. If he comes and he plays like he did two seasons ago then he'd be a great signing.

35 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

To see Deeney not really interested is a bit of a shock, as I don't really follow them. His excellent character and attitude were a given for years. He was the captain and undisputed leader there, so things must have been really bad behind the scenes.

This would be far better value than a year ago, but I still think Slim could come good, so I'm not sure if we might do better with a younger, emerging player to give us a better balance.

You're not comparing apples with apples there. Slimani is a line leader, an alternative to Vardy & some would say (I'm not one of them) a viable partner for Vardy.

TD would be a Shinji upgrade,still. 

We could do a whole lot worse!

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Think it was more of a management problem, sometimes he was on the bench, team selections at times were very bizarre.

He's had problems in the past but he's turned his character and attitude around, this vid shows the character of the guy, absolute class.

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I would rather give Slimani one more season to see what he can do, then sign Deeney.

Ditto, plus I would now rather try the other young fringe players we have...

Lawrence/Kapu/Barnes etc.  Deeney would of interested me after our promotion year.

We have Slim and the others, If Slim goes I want to see younger front players with Vardy.

That said Deeney and Vardy might make a good pairing....

I'll sit it out and wait to see what club and Shakey can produce for our 1st very difficult 5 games.

This forum has an habit of producing millions of sides of posts, with could and wanna be's.

I'll open my eyes,  With interest when a name is dry , Ts crossed and i dotted and Signature is completed   Until then Cricket, and we still have a Lions game to complete..

7 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I would rather give Slimani one more season to see what he can do, then sign Deeney.

If we're giving Slimani another season I don't think we should then sign Deeney as he will be 30 by then! It's now or never for me.

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Think it was more of a management problem, sometimes he was on the bench, team selections at times were very bizarre.

He's had problems in the past but he's turned his character and attitude around, this vid shows the character of the guy, absolute class.

All fun and games until one of those boots hits a kid in the back of the head :ph34r:

Seperetate question to the main thread, because it occurred whilst in here... has anyone else been presented for an advert for a Canadian company that sells metal spinning tops for over $200? 

I just found it so bizarre I had to ask if anyone else has seen the same???

5 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I don't think he's got the motivation to play for wfc let alone lcfc. He lives near me and drives around in his Bentley, the same as Vardy probably does. 

Vardy drives around in Troy's Bentley? I assume they know each other... Suppose that's a start for a potential team-up.

6 hours ago, weller54 said:

What's his pie completion stats like? 

Better than GTF's and Conrads combined.. He is Pukka.

Archived