Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burton Away - 1st August

Do we think this will be a 'strong' line up. With Monchengladbach 3 days later I would have thought that would have been the game we'd have seen the strongest 11. So maybe a few more of the fringe players to feature against Burton? 

11 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Do we think this will be a 'strong' line up. With Monchengladbach 3 days later I would have thought that would have been the game we'd have seen the strongest 11. So maybe a few more of the fringe players to feature against Burton? 

That's what I would have thought, especially given its not far to travel. 

I'd like to to try putting Chilwell into the first team. He and Lawrence seemed the only ones up for it. And if the players are worrying as much as we are then some enthusiasm may work wonders.

Ideally we'd try the same team as yesterday, and if they're still flat, bring Chilwell and Lawrence on to try to inject some urgency into the team.

Or just try:

Huth Maguire Morgan

Albrighton            Chilwell

Ndidi  Iborra

Mahrez Slim Vardy

If we can't get more than one shot on target with that it'd be incredible. Bring Lawrence on up front as sub later in the second half.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I'd like to to try putting Chilwell into the first team. He and Lawrence seemed the only ones up for it. And if the players are worrying as much as we are then some enthusiasm may work wonders.

Ideally we'd try the same team as yesterday, and if they're still flat, bring Chilwell and Lawrence on to try to inject some urgency into the team.

Or just try:

Huth Maguire Morgan

Albrighton            Chilwell

Ndidi  Iborra

Mahrez Slim Vardy

If we can't get more than one shot on target with that it'd be incredible. Bring Lawrence on up front as sub later in the second half.

Not a bad side but I'd definitely play a keeper.

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

but there's still time before the season kicks off for that to change

Not much, tbh...

We will be mullered by Arsenal in less than two weeks unless there is a mighty change in mentality. Don't care about pre season results, do care about performance and structure, and we have been abject so far  

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Not much, tbh...

We will be mullered by Arsenal in less than two weeks unless there is a mighty change in mentality. Don't care about pre season results, do care about performance and structure, and we have been abject so far  

I do agree, but turn up and beat the next two I think attitudes will change a bit. So far though I'm with you that we've been beyond bad.

18 hours ago, rn9013 said:

Who are our fringe players?. The whole lot them look like fringe players right now.

17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Who are our fringe players?. The whole lot them look like fringe players right now.

Hence the line.....'strong' line up. 

I just hope we actually try something different, because we can't keep hoofing it up to Vardy.

I'd like to see us switch to a 3-5-2 with gray and vardy up front and albrighton and chillwell as wing backs. Both can play in that role. A midfield of ndidi playing behind Iborra and drinkwater and simpson McGuire and Fuchs as the back 3. 

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

352 or I'm not bothering to watch

Have LCFC TV called in their 15 year old web-designer to sort out the live streaming yet?  I guess it is billed as 'free' as you are denied access and cannot login? Another shambles to sort out.

On 7/29/2017 at 20:33, Tuna said:

Would like to see a different approach/formation.

Why not try 4-2-3-1 with Lawrence, Iborra and Albrighton behind Vardy?

All for mixing it up a bit. What about playing Lawrence as a #10? We can't write him off until he's been tried there. Albrighton seemed determined to spend all of Saturday playing at full back so would need to spend more time further up the field. I'd be tempted to field Slim as well given his proposed 90 minutes at the weekend was cut short.

Archived