Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Harvey Barnes- Barnsley (loan)

13 minutes ago, Wookie said:

He’s basically a cuttlefish, just adapts to his surroundings at every level.

Fixed.

(Chameleons change colour on emotional state not background. :ph34r: )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Foxxed said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/142/Show/England-Barnsley

According to Whoscored he's their fifth best player with the most assists and only one goal away from joint top scorer. He's fast becoming the best player in a mid table championship team. 

And he's 19, getting first team football, after forcing his way in the team, will surely improve and we're not even half way through the season.

I suspect the Barnsley fans saying he's lazy and only turns up win matches are the same kind who voted Mahrez down in our title winning season.

He will surely be top championship side quality by the end of season, and then careful management at the start of next season could see him fitting in to the premier league.

More WhoScored data...

Harvey Barnes's Match History

Played' Rating
EC 12-08-2017 Barnsley 1 : 2 Ipswich     10' 6.39
EC 15-08-2017 Barnsley 2 : 1 Nottingham Forest     0' 6
EC 26-08-2017 Barnsley 3 : 0 Sunderland     66' 7.5
EC 09-09-2017 Preston 1 : 1 Barnsley     19' 6.33
EFLC 12-09-2017 Barnsley 3 : 2 Derby     90' N/A
EC 16-09-2017 Barnsley 0 : 3 Aston Villa     45' 5.82
EFLC 19-09-2017 Tottenham 1 : 0 Barnsley     71' N/A
EC 23-09-2017 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 : 1 Barnsley     70' 6.92
EC 26-09-2017 Barnsley 1 : 1 Queens Park Rangers     45' 7.1
EC 30-09-2017 Millwall 1 : 3 Barnsley     72' 8.53
EC 14-10-2017 Barnsley 2 : 2 Middlesbrough     87' 6.69
EC 21-10-2017 Barnsley 0 : 1 Hull     64' 6.93
EC 28-10-2017 Sheffield Wednesday 1 : 1 Barnsley     90' 7.69
EC 31-10-2017 Burton 2 : 4 Barnsley     90' 8.2
EC 04-11-2017 Barnsley 2 : 0 Birmingham     79' 7.25
EC 18-11-2017 Norwich 1 : 1 Barnsley     90' 7.7

Consistent high 6s, mid to high 7s and a couple of 8s; 5 goals 4 assists and 3 MOTM awards.

Has only played the full 90 minutes 4 times though - scored in 3, assisted in 1 and MOTM in 2.

If Barnsley can keep him playing well at this level for the whole season, with Claude's record of trusting youth I can see Harvey starting for us early next season.

15 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Gray, Barnes, Ndidi and Chilwell could give us an incredibly exciting and youthful future.

With Claude at the helm, absoflippinlutely!

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's still yet to play at any level and not rinse goals and assists left, right and centre. If you cannot be excited about this lads potential given the sheer dross that usually comes through our system then I despair.

Bit of a difference between being excited by his potential and those proclaiming him to be the seconding coming of christ, wanting him called back from loan and thinking he's going to waltz into the first team next season.

Heard it all before, the lad just needs to keep on doing what he's doing and prove himself at every level he plays. If he continues to do that, then the chances will come. It doesn't need forcing or rushing and he doesn't need people over hyping him.

• Like 2

I've watched a few games and I can see how fans could be slow to warm to him: he's not a typically heroic player that's so easy to love in English football. He doesn't come across as a 'grafter' or someone who 'puts in a shift'. You don't see the kind of heroic sliding tackle that Vardy pulls off, or the kind of heroic tackles Ngolo threw himself into, or Mahrez's duels with defenders. All those lift the team and fans and add emotion. But the lad seems to be intelligently reading the game, quietly finding space for himself and quickly finding his team mates for an assist, all without the blood, sweat and tears so rewarded by fans but giving the fans the one thing they want: an attacking midfielder who consistently scores and assists.

53 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I've watched a few games and I can see how fans could be slow to warm to him: he's not a typically heroic player that's so easy to love in English football. He doesn't come across as a 'grafter' or someone who 'puts in a shift'. You don't see the kind of heroic sliding tackle that Vardy pulls off, or the kind of heroic tackles Ngolo threw himself into, or Mahrez's duels with defenders. All those lift the team and fans and add emotion. But the lad seems to be intelligently reading the game, quietly finding space for himself and quickly finding his team mates for an assist, all without the blood, sweat and tears so rewarded by fans but giving the fans the one thing they want: an attacking midfielder who consistently scores and assists.

So he's Albrighton but with a lot of goals and assists? He'll be loved.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So he's Albrighton but with a lot of goals and assists? He'll be loved.

Everyone's always saying Albrighton "puts a shift in" though.

One poster who played with his dad after his dad left the league said he was great at getting in the right place without running his arse half way around the pitch. I wonder if Harvey will be similar.

its time we moved on from our stereotype of our players all "putting a shift in" and develop technically as a team, with no disrespect to players like albrighton, theres definitely a glass ceiling for players known for just graft. Barnes, gray, mahrez, iborra, Maguire and hopefully silva can be at the forefront of the transition of style of play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

So basically hes King mk2. So people will rubbish him from the off despite him being quite an important squad player, recognised by every manager who has been part of this club in the last 10 years. 

59 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

So basically hes King mk2. So people will rubbish him from the off despite him being quite an important squad player, recognised by every manager who has been part of this club in the last 10 years. 

King's hardly been consistently asissting and scoring though in the past two seasons. I wouldn't mind his anonymous nature if he were asissting and scoring in most appearances. It's great being a team player but when your main objective is to either score or help score then that's what you need to be doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

Every manager has tried to replace him... but for injuries and some terrible buys he wouldn't be in the squad.