Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

In all the sheer anger and frustration at the club (justified) I think we're missing one thing, the player himself.

Imagine how he must feel! We've handled his transfer (both last year and this year) terribly! At the end of the day, it's his life and career the club have messed with numerous times and I think it's extremely unprofessional, bordering on disgraceful actually.

Just now, Gerard said:

So it should be zero tolerance, what if it was one second or a fraction of a second.?

The deal was agreed in and nothing untoward has gone on. It's not like we were still negotiating with Sporting or Silva after the deadline. Hopefully common sense will prevail. Silva may only have four of five years left as a professional footballer and FIFA will stop him playing for half a season over a few seconds.

They're not looking after Silva's interest and this can be resolved with no losers. It would be utterly pathetic if some jobsworth applied the letter of the law as they're not flexible enough to apply common sense.

Well yeah it should be. The only way I can see this getting changed is if there's some extenuating circumstances about why we missed it, like the carrier pigeon being shot out of the sky or something.

The no losers thing isn't really true either is it? What about all the other teams who weren't allowed to sign players after 11pm? I'm sure there were teams who ran out of time. It's not fair to let one team do it and not the others.

I do agree that they should let him actually play, I just don't really understand why he can't go back and play for Sporting. The registering thing is odd, either we signed him or we didn't, the fact it seems like we signed him but can't actually use him doesn't make much sense.

11 minutes ago, Gerard said:

So it should be zero tolerance, what if it was one second or a fraction of a second.?

The deal was agreed in and nothing untoward has gone on. It's not like we were still negotiating with Sporting or Silva after the deadline. Hopefully common sense will prevail. Silva may only have four of five years left as a professional footballer and FIFA will stop him playing for half a season over a few seconds.

They're not looking after Silva's interest and this can be resolved with no losers. It would be utterly pathetic if some jobsworth applied the letter of the law as they're not flexible enough to apply common sense.

Basically - it's looking like we appeal, prove evidence that every thing was done without any wrongdoing. Then make out the seconds was IT or uploading issues etc. 

The way I read it is that we have the player's registration with FIFA but the issue is his affiliation changing from Portuguese FA to English FA which has to be approved by FIFA. If it was a player from English club, we wouldn't have had the problem. 

You'd think we will use the case of Arshavin to back ourselves up. 

It's a complicated situation, to be fair. 

On the one hand, if you're sending a large number of documents, and the last one arrives 14 seconds past the deadline, do you mark that, or do you mark the time when you started to submit them?

On the other hand, this opens up a precedent that FIFA probably doesn't want opened, because 14 seconds now can turn into 5 minutes, then 10, and so on.

Regarding Adrien, and what to "do with him" if he cannot be registered, there's valid reasons to do both things.

Loaning him (if possible) means he can play regularly and when he's finally able to play, he won't risk being out of form and rhythm. I think one of the few possibilities is in fact him staying at SCP, since he was already registered (and played) in our league.

However, having him stay at Leicester, and training with the rest of the squad, means he'll be fully integrated into the team's play style, he'll already know what the manager wants form him, he'll also know how his team mates play, when to pass the ball and to where, etc.

Personally, I'd love to have him for a few more months, also give us a chance to properly say goodbye. 

However, I think it's better for him, and Leicester, for him to be at the club. The Premier League is very different to our League, and the more quickly he's adapted to that reality the better.

1 minute ago, philce said:

So isn't he technically a "free agent"?

Can we just cancel his contract, release him, then re-sign as a free?

No, we technically own him. We have a contract with him, we've done a deal with Sporting. 

But he has to be given international clearance to actually step on to a pitch to play competitive football and that's the hold up. 

Wow

I get that the rules have to be adhered to but we were 14 seconds late! It's not like were 2 days or 2 hours late!

You could argue that we should've done it in plenty of time but we were replacing Drinky for whose transfer Chelsea had to apply for a 2-hour extension!

Is it possible that we couldn't get the Silva deal done until Drinky left because of financial fair play issues regarding wages and transfer fees (in case Drinky's transfer fell through)?

I hope the appeal goes our way, I really do, for common sense's sake at the very least!

If the Club has messed up then punish the club, not the player. FIFA should fine the Club for missing the deadline.

FIFA is effectively imposing a 19 game ban on Silva, because someone at the club didn't fill in a piece of paper on time. Totally unfair. Barely legal I would imagine.

I hope Silva sues the ass off FIFA if they do not change their decision.

1 minute ago, Fox Ulike said:

If the Club has messed up then punish the club, not the player. FIFA should fine the Club for missing the deadline.

FIFA is effectively imposing a 19 game ban on Silva. Totally unfair. Barely legal I would imagine.

I hope Silva sues the ass off FIFA if they do not change their decision.

Not really FIFA's fault if we were inept though. Which us still possible. We don't really know what happened yet. 

Archived