Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

Guest BlueBrett
9 minutes ago, SCP4Ever said:

He has. The transfer is done, he's no longer a SCP player. FIFA don't contest the transfer, they contest the player registration with the FA.

That's not completely accurate. You started to board the bus before the deadline, but finished after. Can they really close the door with you in it?

Ever been to London? That happens every single day to the lemmings on the tube 

19 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's a complete farce of the highest order.

What the **** were we playing at waiting until the last minute to forward the documents on anyhow? 

We brought him over from international duty annd fully intended to sign him. Get the transfer sorted then worry about whether drinkwater goes.

Someone is responsible for leading the days events and has cost the football club hundreds if thousands of pounds. That individual pays with their job. If it's Rudkin so be it.

Literally millions I would have thought. An asset costing (from an accounting perspective) ~ 9m per annum can't be used for over one third of the season. At least 3m - 4m.

8 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Where is Silva now, has he gone back to Sporting Clube de Portugal

Fixed.

6 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Leicester are now working with Sporting Lisbon, the player and FIFA to try to resolve the situation - and trying to persuade FIFA that the deal should be allowed to stand.

If FIFA refuse the registration, Silva's transfer will collapse - he will remain a Sporting Clube de Portugal player, and Leicester will pay no money for him.

I suspect that he wont ever see him in a Leicester shirt, Sporting will be releuctant in January to sell

Fixed, and, he's not our player anymore. It's been said repeatedly, FIFA didn't block the transfer, they blocked Adrien's regristration in the FA and PL.

Just now, BlueBrett said:

Ever been to London? That happens every single day to the lemmings on the tube 

I have, and that happens here too. The points remains that it looks like it was a technical issue that prevented the documents from arriving in time, and that means there's a good change it can be overturned on appeal.

It seems a very strange occurrence that a player can be allowed to transfer clubs but not allowed to play for his new club.

FIFA aren't benefitting anyone by stopping a footballer plying his trade. They're supposed to be looking after the game and not creating problems where there doesn't need to be one. I'm sure this will get resolved for Silva's sake more than Leicester's.

I think what is more concerting in this whole debacle is that the club officially have said absolutely nothing.  Hence, the scaremongering and doom scaring merchants having a field day.

In truth, nobody knows diddly squat about the true situation.

Until something official is said either by the club, fifa or fa I suggest everyone is patient and wait.

20 minutes ago, somebum said:

Neither of those are relevant in this case. Sorry

19 minutes ago, somebum said:

Both arguments are irrelevant 

Perhaps you'd like to explain further, because that makes absolutely no sense.

You were asking the club to get in Silva regardless of DD leaving. I've just given you valid reasons as to why that might not be possible. You can't just bin them off and pretend they aren't there.

It might not the the case, but it could be.

Guest BlueBrett
6 minutes ago, browniefox said:

14 seconds after midnight? Doesn't that make them 1 hour and 14 seconds later? 

Zurich is GMT+1

Archived