Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

14 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Although i agreed initially its not so clear cut, Do you think DD wouldve ended up at Chelsea had Ross Barkey not changed his mind. DD was Chelsea last resort hence the timing of the deal and DD's medical

I would on principle... refuse to join a club who saw me as second choice to ross barkley

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I he's our player can we release him on a free, then sign him as a free agent 14 seconds later?

We will probably release him and he will end up at West Brom knowing our luck with transfers.

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

Not sure on the rules/law of the situation - but I believe that in terms of the postal law in the UK an item is deemed to have been accepted when it is posted and not when it arrives. 

Probably has no bearing on the situation whatsoever! 

It is a good point though and should apply to any form of communication, for example if I send an email but it gets held up in a server somewhere, that is out of my control. 

My concern however is whether we actually sent it early and can prove it.....

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/02/70/95/52/regulationsonthestatusandtransferofplayersnov2016weben_neutral.pdf

3. Players may only be registered – subject to the exception provided for in article 6 paragraph 1 – upon submission of a valid application from the club to the relevant association during a registration period.

Keyword is submission and NOT receipt.

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

If it's acceptable as long as it was sent prior to the deadline and if we can prove that, then surely it would have been accepted by now.

The FA have now also been told there is nothing they can do.

Not looking good.

Exactly, I think we are struggling to prove it was actually sent before the deadline.

2 minutes ago, Steven said:

Then there is hope for our appeal. If we got it over before the deadline, we've followed the letter of the law (providing Rudders hasn't put the request through for 'Adrian Silver')

I'd imagine FIFA are obliged to reject as they received after the deadline, then we can put our case across on appeal. That's the way I'd read it, anyway.

Aren't all faxes date/timed stamp on sending and receipt?

I'm assuming that's how this 14 seconds is being identified, that being the case surely FIFA will have seen the sent time which makes me think there's some other reason this was not approved.

Archived