Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

Just now, Dames said:

100% they need all the home grown players they can get after making the mistake of selling off a good portion of their own quota earlier in the summer.

so you think Ross Barkley and DD would be happy signing being potentially 4 or 5 choice in a 2 man midfield  

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Chelsea made their final offer very close to the cut-off.

Lisbon upped their price very close to the cut-off.

The DoF had identified the replacement and had already made the correct arrangements.

Everybody was extremely happy that we had (hopefully) upgraded our midfield and made a profit (that's how good clubs are run).

I don't see how we are to blame.

Not really as the arrangement publicly stated was - We'll only sign Silva if we get the right fee for Drinkwater. Hence Sporting knowing we are going to be getting more money and upping the price.

If we pushed ahead with Silva regardless none of this would have happened and we'd have probably saved a few million pounds as well.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

so you think Ross Barkley and DD would be happy signing being potentially 4 or 5 choice in a 2 man midfield  

DD seems to be happy being 4th choice but it appears that Barkley wasn't and pulled out.

Depends on the level of self belief the player has doesn't it?

Something doesn't ring true with what both clubs have said or released to the media. 

If its solely international clearance, then there's no case for FIFA to reject surely? 

If the transfer is recognised as complete. Then the hold-up is the register between differing national Fa's. But as others pointed out that happens out of the window anyway because of free agents. I have heard of non-league players who played games abroad and then got international clearance to play back in England. 

6 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Mahrez will almost certainly leave in Jan, so there's likely to be 35m+, but in any case I doubt whether many here know exactly how FFP works with respect to the accounting rules for player transfer fees. I just doubt that FFP considerations are at the core of this fiasco.

Of course FFP isn't at the core of it, what's caused the balls up is something else entirely. I'm just addressing the fact people think we can just go out and buy people willy nilly without other consideration. We cannot take any future transfers for granted, so it's a risky game to play. Then you have the premier league rules regarding not increasing wages by more than £7m a season.

If people want to throw stones at the club, then lets just deal with what we know. We let one of our best players leave before we'd nailed the signing of a replacement. That's enough right there.

Just now, suffolk fox said:

I for one refuse to believe that on transfer deadline day someone was sat at fifa hq with a stopwatch timing the exact moment the paperwork had to be in?  To say we were 14 seconds late is unbelieveable.  Bearing in mind Europe is one hour ahead of gmt anyway.

It was clear from the start of this season that both Mahrez and Drinkwater wanted away both asking for transfers.  We as a club had ample opportunity to find replacements.  After all we had been chasing Silva for a long time.

To not get this deal over the line on transfer deadline day is truly farcial in itself.  Sometimes, our club is a joke.

Does DD and Mahrex wanting to leave automaticlaly mean we buy a new player ?

NEWP...we have replacements and players we are looking at, but we would not start any negotiations for those players unless we have offers for our existing players. There is no way Silva would have signed for us unless DD was out the door as he'd probably end up on the bench.

Mahrez is a prime example. because he hands in a request, do we buy a 30 million winger 'just in case' not at all....It's fairly simple logic, you just need to use your head not your heart

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Something doesn't ring true with what both clubs have said or released to the media. 

If its solely international clearance, then there's no case for FIFA to reject surely? 

If the transfer is recognised as complete. Then the hold-up is the register between differing national Fa's. But as others pointed out that happens out of the window anyway because of free agents. I have heard of non-league players who played games abroad and then got international clearance to play back in England. 

It's never been solely international clearance, anyone willing to read between the lines could see that from day one I'm afraid. The club were clearly taking the stance of "no problems to see here FIFA, we got it all done just the international clearance".

The fact it took 12 hours to release a 30 word vague statement was absolutely telling. It had lawyer statement stamped all over it.

@Babylon Could you tell us once again why we cannot release Silva from his contract or play Silva anyway because the FA approved the transfer and UK are still in the EU; Why FFP isn't the reason this transfer had issues; How we could appeal and likely get the registration in place etc. ?

I don't think I caught all of that :P:ph34r:

Edit: Oh and please do not write clearly or elaborately. I'm not that clever. Explanation only allowed in gifs and pics.

1 minute ago, shen said:

@Babylon Could you tell us once again why we cannot release Silva from his contract or play Silva anyway because the FA approved the transfer and UK are still in the EU; Why FFP isn't the reason this transfer had issues; How we could appeal and likely get the registration in place etc. ?

I don't think I caught all of that :P:ph34r:

Some fookers clearly haven't.... lol

Sporting president sounds like he is washing his hands of the whole mess and saying it's our problem, give us the Dollar Dollar. Different tabloids giving slightly different accounts as to WTF is going on, however it has been suggested for the transfer to have been completed both parties needed to have registered in time, and have obtained approval for the transfer to be complete ,so he may still be a SL player, which is fine cause he is probably sh*t anyway.  :D

Some of us really need to take a look at ourselves as it appears some would rather this fail so they can have a pop at the pantomime villain. The fact it is coming out that a deadline was missed by 11 then 14 secs if correct puts pressure on FIFA. Common sense has to prevail rather than going through courts of appeal. FIFA were made aware that a transfer was pending hence the time extension everybody seems happy except someone at FIFA and an argument about a few seconds. Cannot see anyway an appeal would or could fail 

2 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

Don't worry Rudders got a screen grab of him sending it.

Jokes aside this should be sort of relevant-  we can presumably prove we submitted by the deadline, the FA can confirm they received by the deadline  (hence approving the two hour extension) and put it to a computer error on fifas end for an appeal?

Archived