Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It seems a very strange occurrence that a player can be allowed to transfer clubs but not allowed to play for his new club.

FIFA aren't benefitting anyone by stopping a footballer plying his trade. They're supposed to be looking after the game and not creating problems where there doesn't need to be one. I'm sure this will get resolved for Silva's sake more than Leicester's.

In most courts there is a reasonableness clause.  Or in any court the judge would say is this reasonable for fifa to disallow this? Silva might argue it is restraint of trade.

Does any one know if the fax started before the deadline?  That would help

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

So we submitted the paperwork on time but they received it late. Surely it's just a case of proving we submitted it before the deadline and all will be well

I'd imagine. If that was the case, we wouldn't be in the situation we are now. 

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

I think what is more concerting in this whole debacle is that the club officially have said absolutely nothing.  Hence, the scaremongering and doom scaring merchants having a field day.

In truth, nobody knows diddly squat about the true situation.

Until something official is said either by the club, fifa or fa I suggest everyone is patient and wait.

The club is going through an appeal process so they won't want to be saying too much publicly (at least directly).

But the fact the story is in the press now and seconds are being quoted - suggests the club are trying to apply some external pressure now.

Its useful to remember - key details that have emerged have to have come from a credible source who is happy for them to be used by the press - if they're weren't, the comments would have been made "off the record" and wouldn't appear.

23 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

We have neither of them now. 

How difficult is it to understand why we may not have wanted both of them?

The Drinkwater move was late and we then had to sign Silva.

His club may then have upped the price right at the last minute (people were claiming we were signing him for 15m).

Beyond me why some people have to find someone to blame.

33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's a complete farce of the highest order.

What the **** were we playing at waiting until the last minute to forward the documents on anyhow? 

We brought him over from international duty annd fully intended to sign him. Get the transfer sorted then worry about whether drinkwater goes.

Someone is responsible for leading the days events and has cost the football club hundreds if thousands of pounds. That individual pays with their job. If it's Rudkin so be it.

We tried to play a game with both Sporting and Chelsea to keep the price of Silva down and drive up the price of Drinkwater. In the end its backfired and made us look like complete novices.

Millions and millions of pounds are at stake not just in salaries and transfers but also from our Position in the Premier League. Our Central Midfield is weaker than a year ago and we flirted with relegation dangerously so its a possibility.

You can improve all over the park but if the quality of CM is weak and consistently overrun or struggling the team as a whole will struggle.

In the wider picture it's all pretty irrelevant anyway. Our squad, even without Silva, is really strong - so no way are  we gonna be involved in a relgation battle. Due to the fixture computer there is no way we are going to be involved in the tussle for top-half finishing places, as a start of 3 points from 4 games makes that near-on impossible. With this silly fascination for playing fringe players in league cup and FA cup matches we wouldn't play Silva anyway and will probably lose to Crewe or PortVale in the early rounds. So, as I say, not worth all the angst !!!

Write off this season and hope for kinder fixtures at the start of 2018-19!

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The club is going through an appeal process so they won't want to be saying too much publicly (at least directly).

But the fact the story is in the press now and seconds are being quoted - suggests the club are trying to apply some external pressure now.

Its useful to remember - key details that have emerged have to have come from a credible source who is happy for them to be used by the press - if they're weren't, the comments would have been made "off the record" and wouldn't appear.

Who is the credible source?

Just now, hackneyfox said:

How difficult is it to understand why we may not have wanted both of them?

The Drinkwater move was late and we then had to sign Silva.

His club may then have upped the price right at the last minute (people were claiming we were signing him for 15m).

Beyond me why some people have to find someone to blame.

Because Drinkwater and Mendy had both made it clear they wanted to move on before deadline day. Chelsea had been bidding for a while and for all intents and purposes were going to come back with an improved offer.

A good Director of Football would have been proactive at this point knowing we have 2 potential outgoing CM's and would have made the correct arrangements RE: a replacement. Instead we left it too the absolute last minute playing silly buggars and now we are in a weaker position because of it.

Its not about finding blame - The blame is there for all to see.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How do you go about forcing other clubs to bid worthy sums on your own players, especially when we're talking a significant amount of money?

Mahrez will almost certainly leave in Jan, so there's likely to be 35m+, but in any case I doubt whether many here know exactly how FFP works with respect to the accounting rules for player transfer fees. I just doubt that FFP considerations are at the core of this fiasco.

23 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

In most courts there is a reasonableness clause.  Or in any court the judge would say is this reasonable for fifa to disallow this? Silva might argue it is restraint of trade.

Does any one know if the fax started before the deadline?  That would help

According to this tweet by Rob Dorsett it was.

1 minute ago, TheRealWalshy5 said:

Question is, will we get him on Fifa & Football Manager??

This situation is a joke.

Open up FIFA transfer silver in, then we can play.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Because Drinkwater and Mendy had both made it clear they wanted to move on before deadline day. Chelsea had been bidding for a while and for all intents and purposes were going to come back with an improved offer.

A good Director of Football would have been proactive at this point knowing we have 2 potential outgoing CM's and would have made the correct arrangements RE: a replacement. Instead we left it too the absolute last minute playing silly buggars and now we are in a weaker position because of it.

Although i agreed initially its not so clear cut, Do you think DD wouldve ended up at Chelsea had Ross Barkey not changed his mind. DD was Chelsea last resort hence the timing of the deal and DD's medical

I for one refuse to believe that on transfer deadline day someone was sat at fifa hq with a stopwatch timing the exact moment the paperwork had to be in?  To say we were 14 seconds late is unbelieveable.  Bearing in mind Europe is one hour ahead of gmt anyway.

It was clear from the start of this season that both Mahrez and Drinkwater wanted away both asking for transfers.  We as a club had ample opportunity to find replacements.  After all we had been chasing Silva for a long time.

To not get this deal over the line on transfer deadline day is truly farcial in itself.  Sometimes, our club is a joke.

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

My wife and kids hate me and everything about my life is terrible.

If only there were someone I could project all my problems on to

Jon, that's no excuse for the deal not going through on time.

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Chelsea made their final offer very close to the cut-off.

Lisbon upped their price very close to the cut-off.

The DoF had identified the replacement and had already made the correct arrangements.

Everybody was extremely happy that we had (hopefully) upgraded our midfield and made a profit (that's how good clubs are run).

I don't see how we are to blame.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Although i agreed initially its not so clear cut, Do you think DD wouldve ended up at Chelsea had Ross Barkey not changed his mind. DD was Chelsea last resort hence the timing of the deal and DD's medical

100% they need all the home grown players they can get after making the mistake of selling off a good portion of their own quota earlier in the summer.

If this is true;

We sent paperwork seconds before midnight.

paperwork was received seconds after midnight.

Then surely any reasonable person would consider that to be before the deadline, and as English law, and a good proportion of world law is based on the perception of the "reasonable man" then we have extremely good grounds for appeal.

Trouble is FIFA hate all things English so it'll be like negotiating with the EU!!

Archived