Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Never ceases to amaze me how quickly some fans will write off a player if he hasn't set the world alight in his first few games. No doubt Iheanacho will go on to be absolutely shite like that Lingard fella who went on to achieve **** all or that Harry Kane character who was quite clearly wank. We don't need to see more than 90 mins of a player to make a bang-accurate assessment of his talents.

Spot on mate,lets remember Vardys first season.

Does anyone see him replacing Vardy or Shinji? 

We've somehow ended up with 55 million worth of strikers on the bench who don't fit our style.

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

Does anyone see him replacing Vardy or Shinji? 

We've somehow ended up with 55 million worth of strikers on the bench who don't fit our style.

I think it more a case of the 'Manager's' style.  So yes - you do wonder what recruitment were doing buying players the Manager does not select.  As I have said several times now, we need to change the Recruitment Set-up as it is not working.  For a every good buy, there seems to be 3 not so good ones.

For me finding Ihaenacho a role will be a massive part this season. If we can get him linking up with Vardy, Mahrez and Albrighton, turning at defenders and in the six yard box at the right time then we will really worry teams. I love Shinji but we really need a more technical and cute player in that area to give us a different dimension so personally I'd start him in the next six games to find his feet as quickly as possible.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

For me finding Ihaenacho a role will be a massive part this season. If we can get him linking up with Vardy, Mahrez and Albrighton, turning at defenders and in the six yard box at the right time then we will really worry teams. I love Shinji but we really need a more technical and cute player in that area to give us a different dimension so personally I'd start him in the next six games to find his feet as quickly as possible.

I wouldn't change it when Shinji is playing so well tbf. Shinji brings the best out of Vardy the way no one else does, we've seen that time and time again, hard to change it atm when Vardy and Shinji have probably been the two shining lights in a pretty rotten start to the season.

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I wouldn't change it when Shinji is playing so well tbf. Shinji brings the best out of Vardy the way no one else does, we've seen that time and time again, hard to change it atm when Vardy and Shinji have probably been the two shining lights in a pretty rotten start to the season.

Shinji is playing well but he's not doing anything Kelechi couldn't be told to do. Does anyone seriously think any of Shinji's goals so far this season wouldn't have been scored by Kelechi? My worry is teams have figured us out and know that if they sit deep and stop Mahrez we won't score. Kelechi is a really good technical player with a better touch and can score goals from anywhere as well as be a poacher and work hard like Shinji. I can see where you're coming from but I think we really need something different this year.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Shinji is playing well but he's not doing anything Kelechi couldn't be told to do. Does anyone seriously think any of Shinji's goals so far this season wouldn't have been scored by Kelechi? My worry is teams have figured us out and know that if they sit deep and stop Mahrez we won't score. Kelechi is a really good technical player with a better touch and can score goals from anywhere as well as be a poacher and work hard like Shinji. I can see where you're coming from but I think we really need something different this year.

There's plenty Shinji could do which Ihaenach couldn't - harass defenders relentlessly, pull them all over the place allowing more space for Vardy etc.

It's not just about Shinji's goals it's that Vardy just never plays as well alongside anyone else (remember that horrible goal drought he had last season under Ranieri when he stopped starting Shinji?) and Shinji allows him so much more freedom.

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

There's plenty Shinji could do which Ihaenach couldn't - harass defenders relentlessly, pull them all over the place allowing more space for Vardy etc.

It's not just about Shinji's goals it's that Vardy just never plays as well alongside anyone else (remember that horrible goal drought he had last season under Ranieri when he stopped starting Shinji?) and Shinji allows him so much more freedom.

Fair enough mate it's a difficult decision. Just think Kelechi should be given a run in the side so we can see if he can play with Vardy.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Can't compare him to Vardy, one came from the non-league, he's came from Manchester City.

I'm sure he'll get better but it's ridiculous how slow and unfit a professional athlete can look in October, do they not bother training anymore in the summer?

Not when we spend all summer pissing about trying to sign the player.

This saga dragged on for a majority of the summer, he didn't get a full/proper pre-season with Man City, he didn't go on a pre-season tour or get any game time in friendlies (He was only a sub in our friendly) and he didn't get a full/proper pre-season with us.

I'm not slagging him off, I'm actually abit confused why people are slagging him off, as someone said he's played a grand total of 40 odd minutes, give the lad a chance, however he needs to be given a chance and when he is given it he needs to take it.

Who/what I am slagging off is our transfer department (Yet again) as to one of the reason's he's not fit/ready to be given a chance.

Get used to it because we'll have the same problem, probably worse problem with Silva in January, certainly if he can't train with the team until January.

I'm sure Iheanacho kept himself fit but Fitness v Match fitness, Iheanacho and Silva in January will have had none.

No doubt Silva will be rusty and slow as fuck through no fault of his own, just the situation he/we find ourselves in due to incompetence by our transfer department.

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Fair enough mate it's a difficult decision. Just think Kelechi should be given a run in the side so we can see if he can play with Vardy.

But at who's expense? That's the difficulty when Vardy is scoring and looking sharp and Shinzi is on fire, and in my opinion a shoe in starter. He brings more to the team than goals, which he's actually bringing now too. Nacho will get his opportunity. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not when we spend all summer pissing about trying to sign the player.

This saga dragged on for a majority of the summer, he didn't get a full/proper pre-season with Man City, he didn't go on a pre-season tour or get any game time in friendlies (He was only a sub in our friendly) and he didn't get a full/proper pre-season with us.

I'm not slagging him off, I'm actually abit confused why people are slagging him off, as someone said he's played a grand total of 40 odd minutes, give the lad a chance, however he needs to be given a chance and when he is given it he needs to take it.

Who/what I am slagging off is our transfer department (Yet again) as to one of the reason's he's not fit/ready to be given a chance.

Get used to it because we'll have the same problem, probably worse problem with Silva in January, certainly if he can't train with the team until January. Fitness v Match fitness, he'll have none, no doubt he'll be rusty and slow as **** through no fault of his own, just the situation he/we find ourselves in due to incompetence by our transfer department.

I completely agree it took ages to get this transfer done.  Players have a pre season to both gain fitness but also some sharpness so just like Iborra and even Silva when ever that deal gets over the line they are playing catch up with the rest of the squad who managed a proper pre season.

in time Kelichi will be a hit I'm sure 

4 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Jesus guys, give the lad a chance and some time. Unbelievable sometimes this forum 

We not a trial for him, he is brought as a player for the first team squad, not a developing youth player.

Also I am aware players can need time to find top form, but whenever he has been on the pitch he has showed no energy, he simply seems unmotivated or lacking energy for whatever reason.

Iborra didnt have a great game mid week yet I am happy for him to be started as he actually showed energy.

Musa was poor but he showed energy, Iheanacho doesnt.  

To those mocking the negative comments, are you suggesting we start him ahead of the likes of vardy and shinji just for the sake of giving him game time and meanwhile playing with 10 men in the process?  

He has been so bad he should be playing in the under 23 games to earn his place back in the first team squad.  I dont think I have seen such a poor new signing in his first few games for a long time for us.

Also again with nigeria, better players and different formation etc.

5 hours ago, TheHitman™ said:

I think this is a pretty unfair assessment. Iheanacho does well with the Nigerian national team as well which some can argue doesn't have as many names as Leicester. The problem is application of him. He hasn't been fit and Okazaki has been in form which has hurt his chances of playing. He needs a run of games and a system that fits him for him to really shine. 

I am a fan of his from the Nigerian national team and from Man City and I will say this, he was changed into a striker at man city so most of his senior football education is that of a striker. Because of that a lot of his formal training is being a poacher. To play him to his best you need a solid midfield and be able to at least hold the ball. You can play him in the hole as a supporting striker as well if you have a strong target man up front. 

Musa's game is pace but with ball to feet. Iheanacho's game is spatial awareness and intelligence in the box. They are two different players. Iheanacho's game isn't about hustling, it's about finding space, like Thomas Muller.

You basically agreeing with me, he looked good at man city as they can hold the ball with quality players, and feed the ball to him with quality passes, so all he has to do is be a poacher. We havent got the team to have that kind of striker.

He wont get that kind of football at Leicester which begs the question why did we sign him.

Shinji gets some poaches, but the difference with shinji is he works his balls of to get them, stretch and runs for the ball, again uses up energy.  

More of a technical player, class player who doesn't suit our very basic style, the same as slim, our style doesn't play to their strengths.

Time to adapt our style to the players we have brought in to improve us, and get the best out of them,  not persist with a style that served us well, but no longer does.

59 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

But at who's expense? That's the difficulty when Vardy is scoring and looking sharp and Shinzi is on fire, and in my opinion a shoe in starter. He brings more to the team than goals, which he's actually bringing now too. Nacho will get his opportunity. 

The only reasonable way is giving him game time for the under 23s and bringing him on when we comfortably winning a game at the end, thats it.  Hes a liability at the moment, we one point above the drop zone so we dont have the luxury of carrying him right now.

Also the cup games.

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

You basically agreeing with me, he looked good at man city as they can hold the ball with quality players, and feed the ball to him with quality passes, so all he has to do is be a poacher. We havent got the team to have that kind of striker.

He wont get that kind of football at Leicester which begs the question why did we sign him.

Shinji gets some poaches, but the difference with shinji is he works his balls of to get them, stretch and runs for the ball, again uses up energy.  

I don't agree with you. He is a much more technical player than shinji and works better when the team has possession. If you are looking for a different approach of play, he is the guy you want as you can't play one tactic all the time. Also he has played so little football for Leicester it is really hard to judge and too early to slate him. Many good players would fail in Leicester's system. 

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The only reasonable way is giving him game time for the under 23s and bringing him on when we comfortably winning a game at the end, thats it.  Hes a liability at the moment, we one point above the drop zone so we dont have the luxury of carrying him right now.

Also the cup games.

You play him to his strengths you won't have to carry him and you wouldn't be so close to the drop zone. But hey if you want to play in a way that is one dimensional and yelling about it, fine.

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Iheanacho can do that and more. If you have seen some of his games for City he would do exactly that.

27 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

We not a trial for him, he is brought as a player for the first team squad, not a developing youth player.

Also I am aware players can need time to find top form, but whenever he has been on the pitch he has showed no energy, he simply seems unmotivated or lacking energy for whatever reason.

Iborra didnt have a great game mid week yet I am happy for him to be started as he actually showed energy.

Musa was poor but he showed energy, Iheanacho doesnt.  

To those mocking the negative comments, are you suggesting we start him ahead of the likes of vardy and shinji just for the sake of giving him game time and meanwhile playing with 10 men in the process?  

He has been so bad he should be playing in the under 23 games to earn his place back in the first team squad.  I dont think I have seen such a poor new signing in his first few games for a long time for us.

Also again with nigeria, better players and different formation etc.

He's clearly not fully fit. He will be a regular sooner rather than later but he's had one start so far and literally a handful of mins when we're chasing a game. Just give the guy a chance and maybe judge him after a few starts jesus 

Archived