Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away Pre Match Thread

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'm saying it in the context that so far he's been poor and we've massive competition for places so I'd expect if he doesn't improve soon he'll be replaced. Hence why Gray came on for him at half time last Saturday. There's no point having such a vast squad if there's no grounds for change on merit or loss of form etc. Albrighton and several others have proven their worth to us in previous seasons so they'll obviously get more chances to improve but there could be an opening for Gray soon.

I'd suggest that Albrighton's preferential position is on the right which is for obvious reasons is conducive to a place in the starting line up right now. On a few occasions in the last two seasons he was deployed there and in one game in particular last year - can't recall which - he was outstanding. Perhaps you're right and we'll soon see Mahrez and Gray starting on the flanks with Albrighton deployed as an impact sub - or alternatively Riyad in the hole again in a creative role behind Vards?

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Still better than King.. Who plays like he's got both eyes shut!! 

That's a bit, Harsh Weller. King is a good player just not good enough for the Premiership. If only he'd put his foot in now and again he could be so much better. I don't think he'll play though if Iborra is ready.

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Formation changes are often not the answer. Ranieri tweaked it multiple times last year and lost the dressing room till Shakespeare reverted it. 

Going to 3 at the back can change literally everything in terms of where players position themselves when out of possession. I think some of us take it for granted how well Ranieri set us up in the 442. Positionally we are excellent, compressing space and forcing teams out wide. When we cut out individual errors the system makes us very hard to breakdown. Literally every Analyst around Europe pointed us out as the perfect 442 during our title win. 

It doesn't mean we shouldn't change it or evolve our formation but we won the title by choosing a very specific style of play that got the best out of all of our players. We still have 9 of those players in the squad and even if our team is ageing they've proven they can play that way. 

We don't have the midfield anymore to play in 4-4-2 away against any decent team. Shinji's days are over. You can't have two strikers worth 55m on the bench whilst another, who can't hit a barn door, is just there to compensate the one man less in the midfield.

Terriers fan here!

Sounds like you're all pretty confident of a victory with a few thinking it'll be a massacre. Oh well...everybody's entitled to their view I guess. For the record we're still enjoying the ride although I'll admit it might get less so if we're tonked every week but hopefully there's enough weaker teams to give us a fighting chance. No one's under any illusions, we just want our lads to go out there and give a good account of themseves. Obviously with the available rescourses there's inbulit limitations, even though our moto is 'No Limits'. 

One thing for certain I expect your players to know they've been in a game at 5pm tomorrow. We didn't perform to our usual standards against West Ham on Monday night so we're looking to bounce back immediately, which should mean it's entertaining encounter at least.

Safe journey if you're travelling up, I think you might find the atmosphere quite a bit louder inside the stadium than on your pervious visits. If you still need Hudders Pub/Food Info post on here and I'll try to oblige. 

AceT (HTFC)

2 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here!

Sounds like you're all pretty confident of a victory with a few thinking it'll be a massacre. Oh well...everybody's entitled to their view I guess. For the record we're still enjoying the ride although I'll admit it might get less so if we're tonked every week but hopefully there's enough weaker teams to give us a fighting chance. No one's under any illusions, we just want our lads to go out there and give a good account of themseves. Obviously with the available rescourses there's inbulit limitations, even though our moto is 'No Limits'. 

One thing for certain I expect your players to know they've been in a game at 5pm tomorrow. We didn't perform to our usual standards against West Ham on Monday night so we're looking to bounce back immediately, which should mean it's entertaining encounter at least.

Safe journey if you're travelling up, I think you might find the atmosphere quite a bit louder inside the stadium than on your pervious visits. If you still need Hudders Pub/Food Info post on here and I'll try to oblige. 

AceT (HTFC)

Best of luck mate ...   after tomorrow.   :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here!

AceT (HTFC)

Welcome mate

I don't our fans are being massively over confident tbh, we just know that these are the sort of games we need to win, and I'm pretty sure the players will be thinking the same thing. We've had the toughest start of a season for a long time and were all looking forward to seeing us play against a team that isn't owned by multi billionaire owners. I think this is going to be your toughest test yet. We've actually performed pretty well against these top teams and I can't see us pulling our foot off the gas just because were playing Huddersfield. A result against you tomorrow will probably give us the confidence we need to kick our season off properly.

I'm actually glad you guys are doing well, best of luck after tomorrow

12 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here!

AceT (HTFC)

Always rated Huddersfield. Difficult not to react to the streams of big bollockery from our lot, so respect for that. 

Expecting a game, hoping for a win. 

All the best 

24 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here!

AceT (HTFC)

It won't be a massacre at all, anyone thinking that is deluded. It will be a tough game, your team isn't made of push-overs and you're playing at home. That said I still think we'll nick it 1-2. Good luck for tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here!

AceT (HTFC)

I hope Huddersfield do well this season. Mooy looks a great player for you!

Is this an option?  Or would Mahrez be terrible there......?

Kasper

Simpson  Morgan  Maguire  Chilwell

Albrighton  Ndidi  Iborra        Gray

Mahrez

Vardy

Fecked if I know? X

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Mahrez

Vardy

Fecked if I know? X

Each time we've tried this in the past, he seems to get crowded out too quickly.

42 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here!

AceT (HTFC)

Yeah, don;t listen to most the spazmongers on here, I think most of our fans are not, in fact, arrogant dongwangers.  I hope we win, and I am fairly optimistic but would never disrespect another team (as Leicester fans we should have learned that anything can happen).  Good luck for the season, hope you stay up but obviously hope we d1ck you tomorrow (in a nice way).

X

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Mahrez

Vardy

Fecked if I know? X

We sorta know that Gray wont start and that Shinji will ...   either way we should (touches wood) be too strong for them ...

1 hour ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here!

AceT (HTFC)

I found the opposite. Look through the thread.Loads saying Home win or draw.

Archived