Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away Pre Match Thread

Fuchs and James out. Silva not registered. A good opportunity to change formation. I'd like to see us try:

3-4-3

Schmiechel

Morgan Maguire Dragovic

Albrighton Ndidi Iborra Chillwell

Mahrez Vardy Gray

we would surely beat Huddersfield away with this line up!?

wont happen though 

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

I can't see us throwing Iborra straight into a two man midfield away from home so you'll get your wish, luckily this is the first league game I won't be able to watch for a good 3 years.

On a more serious note, I think he could be really, really effective in a 3 man midfield (as he showed recently for Wales). It just seems we consistently  want to keep two up top, which I don't necessarily disagree with as it gives the opposition something to think about.

Problem is this has a detrimental affect to some of our centre mids who would thrive in a 3 man midfield. 

Kasper

Simpson   Morgan      Maguire     Chilwell

Mahrez   Ndidi      Iborra      Albrighton

Vardy        Nacho

I'd like to see this lineup, but we won't. King and Okazaki will start instead of Iborra and Nacho I think.

I expect us to win this one comfortably. But we've got to approach it in the right frame of mind.

Kasper

Simpsonl      Morgan      Maguire   Chillwell               

Mahrez     Ndidi      Iborra      Albrighton

Vardy        Okazaki

I think we should go 3-5-2 

west ham stifled their wide men by in effect doing this and they had no answer. They won't be expecting us to do that so will not make plans for it. 

i dont really want to see us 4-4-1-1 with kelechi behind vards and a midfield two of VB and wilf. We could win easily playing like that but it's a big risk and if they get ahead their confidence will be huge. 

Some of you dont like a pragmatic approach but we need the points given our fixture list. 

20 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Dragovic Morgan Maguire

Albrighton--- Iborra Ndidi --- Chilwell

Mahrez

Vardy Iheanacho

I think this is actually the best way to play against Huddersfield too.

Have Morgan man mark Mounie and Ndidi man mark Mooy and we should have dealt with their two best players.

The trio of Mahrez, Vardy and Iheanacho should be too much for the best defences in the league.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Quite liking that. Chilwell is better going forward anyway. Mahrez in behind.

It doesn't necessarily have to be strict with Mahrez behind the two.

They're each capable anywhere across the front 3. Interchanging will make Huddersfield confused.

If Dragovic isn't fit yet, I can't see us going to 3 at the back with Huth, we'd be very slow. Although, I don't know how fast Dragovic is tbh or whether we'd got to a 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 anyway even when he is fit. We seem to be stuck in 4-4-2 no matter what.

With 4-4-2, I am hoping it will be:

KS

Simpson - Maguire - Morgan - Chilwell

Mahrez   -    Ndidi   -  Iborra   - Albrighton

Iheanacho - Vardy

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Have Morgan man mark Mounie and Ndidi man mark Mooy and we should have dealt with their two best players.

The trio of Mahrez, Vardy and Iheanacho should be too much for the best defences in the league.

You are replying to your own line up! 

1 hour ago, foxoffderby said:

Drago won't play not match fit yet as stated by Shakey today. Will get game time in the League Cup.

I know we have high fitness standards but you have to question how someone who can play two crucial games for their country isn't match fit lol 

44 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Mounie is also unlikely to play also injured...sorry mate

Archived