Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away Pre Match Thread

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I know we have high fitness standards but you have to question how someone who can play two crucial games for their country isn't match fit lol 

I suspect it's our sports science actually having a good look at his fitness and identifying he needs worth work. 

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper

Dragovic Morgan Maguire

Albrighton--- Iborra Ndidi --- Chilwell

Mahrez

Vardy Iheanacho

A nice lin up but I can't see it happening. 

Kelchi is still injured and better to wait until he's fully recovered, Especially when we have decent cover for him.

Drago is not fit enough according to Shakey, So unlikely to see him play yet.

Maybe one for the future though.

On 11/09/2017 at 07:24, toddybad said:

Are people on here mental? We swatted brighton aside with consummate ease. Ww were 7 minutes from beating Arsenal. Yes we lost to Man Utd and Chelsea too but, seriously, we did okay. We will be absolutely nowhere near relegation. In fact, i think we'll end above Everton.

On 11/09/2017 at 08:22, weller54 said:

..we won't! 

Having watched Everton disappoint again tonight, are you still so sure?

15 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

Liking the idea of 3412 formation but defensively that looks too vulnerable..

If Mahrez does not perform as expected, I can see us conceding more goals than scoring..

I don't trust him in the central position yet..

I don't know, the line-up he listed has the potential to fall into a back 5. Plus you have the personnel to switch to a 4-4-2 without making a sub. I liked the suggestion a lot.

I suspect we won't go for it because the likes of Dragovic, Iborra and - if we go with him ahead of Shinji - Iheanacho will probably be best incorporated into the team while we're employing a more familiar system.

Still, I have to say, as much as I love the guy, King really shouldn't be in the side. Even with a James injury and a three man midfield I'd prefer to see us look elsewhere. Considering he's been with us since the dawn of time, he rarely seems to offer us what we need. Or at least that's been the case for the past two seasons or so, if you look at our points-per-game rations with/without him in the side. The James injury, couple with the Silva situation, is a major concern.

------------------------------Kasper----------------------------

Simpson--------Morgan--------Maguire--------Chilwell

---------------------N'didi------------Iborra-------------------

--------Mahrez----------Iheanacho----------Gray---------

-------------------------------Vardy-----------------------------

11 hours ago, Papasmurf said:

Summed up tonight on commentary for me. They've not replaced Lukaku at all and have next to no pace in their side. 

Relying on Wooney as your main striker, to score enough goals, is madness. I can't believe Everton have spent so much, yet haven't got a real goal scorer in their team.

To get back to our line up, I'm afraid that whatever we discuss on here, we pretty much know Shakey will set up with 4-4-1-1 with Shinji behind Vardy.

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

------------------------------Kasper----------------------------

Simpson--------Morgan--------Maguire--------Chilwell

---------------------N'didi------------Iborra-------------------

--------Mahrez----------Iheanacho----------Gray---------

-------------------------------Vardy-----------------------------

I like that, and with Gray getting a new contract, and playing a decent amount of time last game, it could be this formation.

Harsh on Albrighton though, but at some point we need to start with Gray.

5 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I like that, and with Gray getting a new contract, and playing a decent amount of time last game, it could be this formation.

Harsh on Albrighton though, but at some point we need to start with Gray.

Albrighton has been crap this season.

Archived