Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Huddersfield Away Pre Match Thread

1 hour ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here!

Sounds like you're all pretty confident of a victory with a few thinking it'll be a massacre. Oh well...everybody's entitled to their view I guess. For the record we're still enjoying the ride although I'll admit it might get less so if we're tonked every week but hopefully there's enough weaker teams to give us a fighting chance. No one's under any illusions, we just want our lads to go out there and give a good account of themseves. Obviously with the available rescourses there's inbulit limitations, even though our moto is 'No Limits'. 

One thing for certain I expect your players to know they've been in a game at 5pm tomorrow. We didn't perform to our usual standards against West Ham on Monday night so we're looking to bounce back immediately, which should mean it's entertaining encounter at least.

Safe journey if you're travelling up, I think you might find the atmosphere quite a bit louder inside the stadium than on your pervious visits. If you still need Hudders Pub/Food Info post on here and I'll try to oblige. 

AceT (HTFC)

If you read through most of the thread you'll see that's really not the case.

If our players adopt this mindset we will lose, it's as simple as that.

Best of luck though..after tomorrow of course!

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Surely if fuchs has an eye prob then chilwell will start.

Otherwise all as normal with shinji back in......

......but i would start grey for mahrez

Keeping fingers crossed we do play chillwell tomorrow. It's a really good opportunity to see what he can do. 

23 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Schmeichel

Morgan Huth Maguire

Albrighton Iborra Ndidi Chilwell

Mahrez

Okazaki Vardy

However it'll probably be.

Schmeichel

Simpson Morgan Maguire Chilwell

Mahrez Iborra Ndidi Albrighton

Okazaki Vardy

I really fancy us with the option 1 formation but possibly Iheanacho, just, for Okazaki. Our problem for me has been the midfield and that use of Albrighton on his favoured side and Chilwell on the left, for me, really addresses that problem in so many ways with Iborra being a calming influence protecting the back three. 

We only saw Iheanacho, Marhez and Vardy together for a few minutes against Borussia M but I just got a similar feeling as I did all those years ago when I saw Collymore and Hesky together for 'that' game. It looked so right until Collymore went. These three on form have the ability to frighten any team in the Premiership if they click! If Iheanacho tires, we've got ample to replace him later on. A good game to promote an understanding between the three of them and build on. Exciting prospect! 

8 hours ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here!

Sounds like you're all pretty confident of a victory with a few thinking it'll be a massacre. Oh well...everybody's entitled to their view I guess. For the record we're still enjoying the ride although I'll admit it might get less so if we're tonked every week but hopefully there's enough weaker teams to give us a fighting chance. No one's under any illusions, we just want our lads to go out there and give a good account of themseves. Obviously with the available rescourses there's inbulit limitations, even though our moto is 'No Limits'. 

One thing for certain I expect your players to know they've been in a game at 5pm tomorrow. We didn't perform to our usual standards against West Ham on Monday night so we're looking to bounce back immediately, which should mean it's entertaining encounter at least.

Safe journey if you're travelling up, I think you might find the atmosphere quite a bit louder inside the stadium than on your pervious visits. If you still need Hudders Pub/Food Info post on here and I'll try to oblige. 

AceT (HTFC)

I think you've taken the predictions in the wrong way mate. We're weak at the moment and could well struggle against a motivated Town side. Some have said that if we really do turn up on Saturday that we could turn you over, fair comment I guess. 

I think your motto is a good one! You're in the Premier League and not so long back I bet you could have only dreamt of that happening. You're here and you're doing well! It's great to see. 

This game could be won/lost in the middle of the park, depending who we put out and how well we nullify the talent of Mooy (who looks a real talent). 

All the best and I hope you do well this season!!! Even if it is only because it winds up the Leeds Utd fans. 

9 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Is this an option?  Or would Mahrez be terrible there......?

Kasper

Simpson  Morgan  Maguire  Chilwell

Albrighton  Ndidi  Iborra        Gray

Mahrez

Vardy

Fecked if I know? X

My thoughts also. Otherwise, Mahrez should be benched and brought in at ~ 60 mins.

16 hours ago, Acetripper said:

Terriers fan here!

AceT (HTFC)

Pity you think any City fan actually thinks we'd walk this.

To me it's our proper realistic test of where we are. In theory we should win and I'd be worried if we didn't.Im sure you'll agree Huddo have had a fairly nice programme of fixtures whilst we've lost to Arsenal,ManU and Chelsea so morale may be low. Be a good encounter obviously I hope you get whipped BUT I'm sure all city fans wish Huddo the best for the rest of the season(Except when we whup you at the KP!)

Thanks for all your kind comments about our club! You're right of course, you've played some seriously hard matches compared to our more gental baptism into the Prem. David Wagner has spotted a new thing for us to deal with 'pace in behind'. We're not blessed with pace at the back so we'll have to deal with that threat in other ways. On the encouraging side you seem to lose goals from headers and if we can get some decent balls in to Mounie he could cause a few problems for your centre backs.

As usual (I felt the same last season) I've no idea how the game will unfold. IF we play like we can, with energy, constant pressing and quick attacks then we stand half a chance, however, if we lose the midfield battle (which will be crucial) it could be a long afternoon for us!

See you all there I'll be at the very back of the Riverside Stand - to left at you will face the pitch. Should be decent atmopshere!

10 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Thanks for all your kind comments about our club! You're right of course, you've played some seriously hard matches compared to our more gental baptism into the Prem. David Wagner has spotted a new thing for us to deal with 'pace in behind'. We're not blessed with pace at the back so we'll have to deal with that threat in other ways. On the encouraging side you seem to lose goals from headers and if we can get some decent balls in to Mounie he could cause a few problems for your centre backs.

As usual (I felt the same last season) I've no idea how the game will unfold. IF we play like we can, with energy, constant pressing and quick attacks then we stand half a chance, however, if we lose the midfield battle (which will be crucial) it could be a long afternoon for us!

See you all there I'll be at the very back of the Riverside Stand - to left at you will face the pitch. Should be decent atmopshere!

Don't worry, you won't.

2 minutes ago, The Floyd said:

Don't worry, you won't.

Won't what! I'll be in the local pub at twelve for two or three 'brighteners' in there, then train across to Hudders and another two or three out and about! Jobs and gudun! So what is there to worry about mate?:D

4 minutes ago, Acetripper said:

Won't what! I'll be in the local pub at twelve for two or three 'brighteners' in there, then train across to Hudders and another two or three out and about! Jobs and gudun! So what is there to worry about mate?:D

Don't worry about losing the midfield battle!

Archived