Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

This will be vardys last season as a leicester player.

Think he's contracted to 2022???? but he has won the league, played for england, over 100 leicester goals and 100 premier league goals and golden boot.

This season he will play in europa league but after that, what is left for him here?

If he wants to finish his career abroad he'll want to do so while he still has something to offer rather than burn out with us.

I thought that 2 years ago. 

I remember him saying a year or 2 back he'd like to play abroad eventually so I can see him having a season in the MLS or A league.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Can’t beat a Red Leicester sandwich with a bit of onion ...   just about to have some for my lunch ..   just wish they could bake a bigger loaf to go with it ...    :)

5B7C3AB0-5CAF-43D5-9D2F-8EC6E69F109E.jpeg

Makes good cheese on toast too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Agreed, most things should be self-certification now in my opinion, how is going to a restaurant safer than watching the football? Don't make sense to me. Mental health is a much more pressing virus right now than Covid-19, but that's for another thread. 

How many restaurants have you been to which can hold 30,000 people?

I mean I think we should be able to go the games again already, but come on, you know they're not the same.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is probably very unpopular with some but I reckon a few secretly agree - football grounds should be opened and people simply go if they want to or don't if they don't want to risk it.

I'd be there, for sure.

No secret pal.

Brothels and strip clubs need to be opened asap

• Like 1

Autumn now ain't it lads, about six weeks away from the clocks going back - and I personally think it's bloody Susan Perb.

Some of us were born for layers and mood lighting and your boy MTWG the porcelain prince wants to show off that goddam jawline under the finest dimmed bulbs money can buy baby !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, oakman said:

Don’t understand all the hate Captain Marvel got, I thought it was a pretty good film.

An unpopular opinion of mine would be that comic book films are rubbish. Formulaic and predictable. They do sometimes look good. 

Also - this culture of 'nerd' in the UK is way overblown. I've loads of friends that'll swear blind they've ALWAYS loved comic books. They haven't because they weren't available where we were growing up. Its purely a fashion thing for 85 - 90% of folks. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

An unpopular opinion of mine would be that comic book films are rubbish. Formulaic and predictable. They do sometimes look good. 

Also - this culture of 'nerd' in the UK is way overblown. I've loads of friends that'll swear blind they've ALWAYS loved comic books. They haven't because they weren't available where we were growing up. Its purely a fashion thing for 85 - 90% of folks. 

Not a Beano fan then ;)

In all seriousness, the grittier ones like Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy and Watchmen (the 2009 film) tended to have much more gripping and interesting stories than the norm. But then the likes of the newest Joker film took that grittiness too far and it just became uninteresting. There is a good mix of comic book action and mature storylines that can make an excellent film. 

I do agree though, the Marvel film boom (and DC slogging along behind) seems to have oversaturated the genre in the last decade. I’ve never really been massively bothered by comic book films and that subculture, but I know plenty who swear by it, which is fair enough if that’s your thing. 

• Like 1

This might have been a recent unpopular opinion but here goes anyway.David Pleat was 25 years ahead of his time.His pass and run football,use of wingers,especially playing left on right and v/v years before it became a general thing.Getting 49 goals out of Clive Allen in a single striker attack formation.Plus other strange and unusual oddities.He would have thrived in today’s game.Possibly getting a tune out of this current Leicester side.The media would love his codswallop aswell.

11 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

This might have been a recent unpopular opinion but here goes anyway.David Pleat was 25 years ahead of his time.His pass and run football,use of wingers,especially playing left on right and v/v years before it became a general thing.Getting 49 goals out of Clive Allen in a single striker attack formation.Plus other strange and unusual oddities.He would have thrived in today’s game.Possibly getting a tune out of this current Leicester side.The media would love his codswallop aswell.

He was a co commentator for years, the media loved his codswallop then.

46 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He was a co commentator for years, the media loved his codswallop then.

Yes he was.In fact he co-commented for ITV pre SKY whilst still our manager a couple of times.He did a Sheff Wed  v Leeds game.Then told the Mercury the next day that we had nothing to fear if we went up.I think we were 17th at the time in division 2.Don’t get me wrong I was a firm Pleat out lad.Just think he would do really well with today’s more technical player.More chance they would be able to carry out his weird and wonderful orders.

15 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Yes he was.In fact he co-commented for ITV pre SKY whilst still our manager a couple of times.He did a Sheff Wed  v Leeds game.Then told the Mercury the next day that we had nothing to fear if we went up.I think we were 17th at the time in division 2.Don’t get me wrong I was a firm Pleat out lad.Just think he would do really well with today’s more technical player.More chance they would be able to carry out his weird and wonderful orders.

Only thing I cherish about pleat was my mate telling him to **** off before a playoff semi final. 

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

Correct thread, everything about Pleat was a disaster. He could talk a good game, but on the pitch was pathetic. Brian Little came in and transformed that team into the promotion chasing team we loved in the 90s

Although I hated Little when he left, I’ve long since forgiven and now appreciate how good he was for us, I don’t think I will  ever appreciate Pleat. 

16 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Correct thread, everything about Pleat was a disaster. He could talk a good game, but on the pitch was pathetic. Brian Little came in and transformed that team into the promotion chasing team we loved in the 90s

Although I hated Little when he left, I’ve long since forgiven and now appreciate how good he was for us, I don’t think I will  ever appreciate Pleat. 

Your missing my point.Of course he was hopeless for us.He was forever trying to replicate the first few months of his reign,where we had an excellent spine.He wanted Waitrose football with Lidl players.Little gave the club a complete kick up the arse.From tea lady through to no 9.He transformed the place.I doubt Little would last 5 minutes in today’s world though.He wouldn’t take kindly to being told what players to sign for starters.Where as I think Pleat would do well with a decent squad.He was ahead of his time.

7 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Institutional racism excist within the police force.

I've just had an experience with regards to.a situation with me daughter.  

WTF with police telling me how to feel.  I got Sikh federation involved, this isn't the 80's.

Elaborate, doctor.