Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Liverpool (H) Match Thread

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

To give it to who? King or Simpson or Ndidi? That would automatically result to either a backpass or a hoof. We're not possession based team.

Please let not slate one of the few players who're not having a mare tonight. You'Re barking up the wrong tree. The midfield is unsprinsingly shit. The defense and the attack, wingers included, will consequently suffer.

I freely admit that past history may be creating a confirmation bias of sorts, but we are playing STUPID. We were needlessly offside on that Shinji goal that was disallowed. Shinji was needlessly offsaide earlier, just wandering around behind the defense watching play so he wasn't ready for the pass. Albrighton and King are passing the ball to the wrong color shirt, NOBODY ON OUR TEAM MOVES WITHOUT THE BALL TO GIVE OUR MIDFIELD OPEN TARGETS FOR FFS,  and yeah, part of it is that Mahrez can't beat 3 defenders, he tries all the time and fails, plus he dives all the time. Not trying to slate him, but he is one of the few players who can help us get the ball in dangerous areas, and I don't see the effort or the smarts from him this evening, and seeing him go one-on-many YET AGAIN grates on me. Cool if we disagree.

Just now, Paddy. said:

I'm not saying this in a petulant way but maybe we should have accepted Roma's third bid for Mahrez.

He's a passenger 95% of the time these days.

Eh, he's about the only one in midfield that can control a ball. Creative player will always be a passenger if you can't keep the ball to bring them in

This is what happens when your DoF dismantles your midfield during the last days of the transfer window and you have a manager that refuses to change the old system which incidentally has not been that clever for the best part of a year now.

Archived