Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Liverpool (H) Match Thread

There’s a lot of doom and gloom but we’ve been undone by a defensive error and a moment of magic. We also had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Could have been 2-2!

They were always going to boss possession. The difference between Tuesday and tonight is that they’ve taken their chances. I don’t think (overall) we’ve been too bad. 

Still have a good chance here. Okazaki is causing them massive problems. 

It’s bad but I don’t know how I feel about that. 2-0 at half time and there’s a tiny bit of hope he changes things. No chance now so probably much of the same second half. 

Gray for Mahrez for me.

First half

Liverpool getting calls that we don't.

Okazaki 2 early misses then disappeared until near the end  of the half.

Chilwell one of the better players despite what people were saying before the start.

Albrighton trying hard but really not on form.

Mahrez an anonymous passenger.

Will someone try to stop couthino? He's the reason we're behind. This game is ours to win. Crowd need to step up and my 3-2 prediction will become reality.

Just now, Beechey said:

Those last 5-10 minutes were inspired. Our passing game was a notch above the previous 40 minutes and our effort seemed to double. Hopefully we come out swinging in the second half.

Took going 2 down to start playing though. Granted we did that this time title season  (villa, stoke and so'ton) but it's abysmal

At the risk of repeating myself, SHINJI IS STAYING ON HIS F'ING FEET for once and I love it. I still think we need to let Iheanacho play, we are having a LOT of possession around their box, he is the best finisher we have in such situations, but obviously difficult tyo pull Shinji now. 

OK lads, second half is ours. Shakey has had success with 2H adjustments. Would like to see Fuchs in please, at a minimum, Chilwell is a liability in defense, and he isn't giving us much on the attack (though I did note a nice cross or two). Give Iborra a half, he is a smart, disciplined defender, it will be like having an extra CB. 

Maguire is revealing himself to be a bit undisciplined. Starting to wonder if we'd be better off with Dragovic pairing with Wes.

Archived