Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match 0-0

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Bizarre stuff. 

Let's be honest, you can say that's away draws against probable relegation rivals (Bournemouth and Huddersfield). So not all bad.

But the reality is we should have been hammered today. We play utterly turgid football.

Totally agree and its repeating some posts from last season TURGID....and nothing has changed...it hurts...!!!

We will not progress as a football club with Shakespeare in charge. We put our foot firmly in the door when we won the league. That should have been us cementing our place as a European challenger. Instead we've made dreadful decisions all over and sadly we'll be more Blackburn than anyone else. In this day and age it's criminal. 

Shakespeare was very obviously not the man for the job from the start. A great romance to it. But he is not good enough at that was evident last season. 

Just now, LibertyFox said:

Only caught the last 10 mins, from the sounds of it I was lucky. 

A lot of emotion on here tonight. The narrow defeats to Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool means Shakey deserves a decent run of games following a difficult set of early fixtures.

Keep the faith.

Keep taking the happy pills.

People, including me, go on about needing to change our formation but Bournemouth played 4411 today and yet were able to pass and move very effectively. You could see that they were much better organised, better coached and, in fact, better motivated.  It was like they had more players on the pitch. Given the 2 teams played the same formation, and we have better quality players in most positions, we should be winning that game on paper. Instead they walked all over us. Sadly, today was a real indictment of Shakespeare's work on the training ground. Worrying. 

21 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think we need a bit of perspective, Bournemouth are a really good side, they play far better football than us and have an effective midfield. They also play with purpose so it was always going to be a rear guard backs to the wall kind of game.

Nil nil is a great result for where we are as a club at the minute.

With all due respect, just fvcking LOL.

If they're a really good side and this is great result then we have nothing to do in the PL.

1 minute ago, Reg Vardy said:

Played 7 won one Brighton home, drew 2 Huddersfield & Bournemouth away, lost four, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool.

did anyone really expect much different?

No, in all honesty it's exactly what I expected (but not what I hoped for). 

The performances against Huddersfield and today should ring alarm bells for everyone though. 

Archived