Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match 0-0

Worst match I've seen in quite a while. Absolutely torrid performance, there was little impetus or creativity in midfield once again with King and Ndidi (sadly), a slightly injured Vardy all on his own up front, no energy, no will to break the deadlock.

Instead, Bournemouth battered us in the first 20 minutes and should've taken the lead.

Our style of play is absolutely stale, so disappointing to watch. I'm personally glad for the international break, two weeks of not having to witness such lack of potency.

It's just like a few years ago.

There a decent set of lads, a good set of lads, we worked hard blah blah blah we'll go back to the training ground and see how we can improve.

Well the first thing might be to teach them that we play in blue, most of the time, and therefore we should aim to pass to players wearing the same coloured shirts. Second thing would be to explain that we are allowed to try and get the ball in the opponents half. Some good basic skills wouldn't go amiss either. Oh and that we don't have to kick the ball back to the other side after we've touched it three times.

I really feel for Vardy, having to mop up a few crumbs from hopeful hoofballs, he deserves better than that. So how can we change things around, whatever you think of Mahrez he is by far our most technically talented player so two up front Vards +another, Gray on the wing with Albrighton , & give Mahrez a free role just behind the two strikers to give Vards a few quality through balls, oh and please give Kingy a rest for the remainder of the season.

3 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Played 7 won one Brighton home, drew 2 Huddersfield & Bournemouth away, lost four, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool.

did anyone really expect much different?

I expect us to have more than one shot on target against Bournemouth and not play horrifically 

How can we look more compact against the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea, yet look like total shit against Huddersfield and Bournemouth. 

At at least we saw some effort in those games, but against the teams we should be beating we're getting outclassed.

Shakespeare is away with his head in the clouds. His management is absolutely unbelievable, if he doesn't see the answer to our problems. He is an ostrich and his head must be in the sand. Can he fix the team? My suspicion would be no. He can't. We've seen this often enough now, he's either being very very silly or absolutely stupid, one of the two. For him to put that team out, he must be daft. He's wrong, he's absolutely wrong. He must be very stupid, I'm sorry.

The worst we have been in a long time. Absolutely stole a point from them today who should rightly be frustrated with not putting 3 or 4 away. We gave the ball away so many times today, but even taking that out of the equation we need to change style to allow us to get on the ball. We literally just lumped it up and over time and time again.

12 minutes ago, Hammo said:

For all you Okazaki lovers, I dare you to defend that atrocious performance. The whole team was drivel, but he was especially embarrassing. I can't recall one moment when he actually retained the ball. And of course he butchered our one decent chance. Pathetic.

Simpson was the worst of the bunch today but completely agree that okazaki was woeful

If last week was bad this was terrible. I wanted the club to give Shakey a chance but tactically he's terrible. If we dont improve by the end of October, sadly a change needs to be made. We need to look at Tuchel or Ancelotti (probably won't come but worth a try).

Next 24hrs are pivatoble in Shakeys career do the owners stick with him or relieve him of his duties, either way I’m thinking the owners will be worried regarding performances and table position and if they change the manager we have a 2 week international break for them to get one in to work with the lads ( that is they haven’t got one lined up already??) or give him the dreaded vote of confidence !

I don't think Shakey has a leg to stand on any longer.

The midfield is held up as the problem area which he has had no control over; James is injured, the Silva bollox. Poor Shakey.

However, he has three midfielders to pick today who if all played together, are perfectly capable of protecting our back four, winning more possession and giving more opportunities to our attacking players if used in a three. But he's chosen, once again not to do it.

Hes the luckiest ****er because that 90% of the time ends up a heavy defeat.

Furthermore we have been outplayed in 6 out of 7 games.

Sigh....

5 minutes ago, LibertyFox said:

Only caught the last 10 mins, from the sounds of it I was lucky. 

A lot of emotion on here tonight. The narrow defeats to Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool means Shakey deserves a decent run of games following a difficult set of early fixtures.

Keep the faith.

Arsenal fair enough but by the narrow defeats to Chelsea and Liverpool do you mean the games in which we were largely outplayed and out thought for most of the match? Chelsea didn't even have to try to beat us and one player for Liverpool won the game for them on his ownand  despite the warning we received only three days prior we made no tactical changes to combat it. The scores may have been close but they mask a huge gulf in playing and managerial quality between us and those teams.

Jammiest point ever against a poor Bournemouth side we made look good. 

Tactics are just unbelievable at times. Definitely time for three in the middle. 

Gray was a joke second half. Didn't look arsed and then comes over to the crowd trying to raise the atmosphere. **** off you lazy ****

Be lucky to stay up this rate. 

Shakey to be gone soon 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It's looking like a relegation battle again kids...

I take back what I said before. 5 games are much more than I can give. Defintely not convinced he'll turn it around. Disastrous performance. Truly.

Archived