Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match 0-0

Why do we start games so shite. 

Let so many goals in early and so many chances (hitting bar early on today) 

We never seem to get going and then have a go sort of in the second half.

Today was the worst performance of the season I thought. Work rate wasn't even there today. King shouldn't be starting games and only Albrighton and possibly Simpson looked bothered first half. Actually Morgan did have a good game too I thought. 

What is a reoccurring theme is that we don't have shots. How many saves Co keepers make from us?? Think we had one shot saved today that was Grays long ranger 

Can see us only picking up a point in the next few games. 

We had an easy chance to score and I think that was our only real chance, Okazaki puts it away and that's a smash and grab. Surprisingly our worst two performances  away and we've draw them both. Played well against the top teams and got nothing. Bring on West Brom.

25 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

I wondered how long it would be before 'super Gray' (who HAD to come in for Mahrez) was considered rubbish again..

Mahrez and Gray should start together. Albrighton should be binned. Utterly useless yet again but some people on here wank him off like he's the second coming. 

Some players get 1 game to impress. Others are allowed to be shit for weeks and still be in the starting line up.

3 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

"We've gone backwards since our title win...." would be hard to imagine going forward beyond that....is it just me, but we are back to where we used to be, and pretty much always will be.....8th -17th......the title was unbelievable, once in two lifetimes.....

Yes it was always gonna be down hill but is it too much to expect those players along with the money spent to do a little better?

Top 10 should still be possible if not more afterall this side turned over sevilla no mugs and lost narrowly to possibly the 4th best side in Europe in recent years.

So I'd suggest that lies with the management, tactics and general mismanagement unless we accept they all decided 1 title was enough and to **** off the rest of their careers for the money. Sad if true.

Don't think it's harsh to expect a little more. No offence to Bournemouth but really we should be better 9 times out of 10 yet we have not beaten them in what's that now 5 attempts.

25 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Apart from Shakespeare who couldn't wait to line Albrighton up with Simpson again, a right side that is guaranteed to see us relegated (as I said pre season), anyone still think Albrighton is better on the right?

Albrighton struggled today, I'm not sure he can beat a man anymore

7 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

"We've gone backwards since our title win...." would be hard to imagine going forward beyond that....is it just me, but we are back to where we used to be, and pretty much always will be.....8th -17th......the title was unbelievable, once in two lifetimes.....

We would always go backwards, natural given how much we were punching to win the thing. That's not the point though, we've gone backwards to such an extent that we would probably struggle against the top 6 Championship teams. Now given the resources and players at our disposal, it's not unreasonable to expect us to go to teams like Bournemouth and Huddersfield and at least try to be positive and win the game through playing half decent football. 

38 minutes ago, sdb said:

I saw King was starting in a 442 and decided to go out for the afternoon. Can't remember the last time I did that, years and years ago certainly. At best, we're a club going nowhere, but potentially we're plummeting to where we came from a few years ago, and with one of our better squads. Shakey not doing himself any favours if he wants this job. 

Me too couldn't even be bothered to check the score at half time.

3 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

OK, I will be the Pollyanna. Spirited defending, especially in the 2nd half, which is the foundation of a counterattacking side. First clean sheet of the season, and in an away match against opposition who threw the kitchen sink at us. Cheers for Shakespeare and LCFC. 

Good effort! :thumbup:

I'm usually trying to look at the positives, but even I'm struggling tonight. It was a shocker.

4 minutes ago, Pete from the USA said:

OK, I will be the Pollyanna. Spirited defending, especially in the 2nd half, which is the foundation of a counterattacking side. First clean sheet of the season, and in an away match against opposition who threw the kitchen sink at us. Cheers for Shakespeare and LCFC. 

.?

Archived