Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Bournemouth Post Match 0-0

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

He should have brought Mahrez on at half time. Or better, start Gray AND Mahrez. I don't give a damn about what others might think. I was for a Mahrez benching, but boy we look dreadful without him. Not Gray's fault, he did well given the little opportunities he had, but that's prehistoric football we're playing. There is no way in hell any technically gifted player is going to thrive in this system.

I've never ever saw Mahrez that pissed off. Same goes for Vardy who was surely feeling like Tom Hanks in "Cast Away". 

Shakey is a dead man walking.

If we start as negatively against WBA as we did todsy and against Huddersfield then I think the fanbase will turn. If you can't be brave v West Brom at home then when can you, Craig? 

The team that do finished the game today should start against West Brom.

2 hours ago, Claridge said:

Anyone who thinks mahrez should not be in that team,needs to watch the first 75 minutes of that game and then the last 15.

Isn't like the team.plays well with Mahrez in, and when we do, it is despite him, not due to his play 

Not only the fan base.

Did you ever get the feeling whilst you're on the pitch that you're not going to win the game no matter what you do? You still play and try to give your best but deep inside you have the feeling that something is off?

The players strike me as insecure and unconvinced. Ndidi, Vardy, Albrighton looked defiant and dejected all along the game.

There were 11 players in blue on the pitch, but not a team.

41 minutes ago, Koke said:

Albrighton was jogging back at times like he wasn't bothered or tired. Sinpson had a 1 v 2 a few times today.  And offensively his definition of creativity is hoof it down the channels for Vardy to chase. Mahrez and Gray not tracking back is a myth. They do. 

Albrighton has been turd since Arsenal but yet gets picked every week. 

Eh, Mahrez a bit less than Gray I think. Certainly today I was impressed with Gray's effort getting back.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It really isn't.

It really is. The h8rs of all our creative players sicken me to my very core.

My favourite bit of the game was the look of utter disgust on Gray's face when Fuchs was timewasting at a throw in.

Until he  changes the set up, and formation  of play...I for one wont judge any player.

Since the title, Only Maguire and Ndidi have been given regular 1st team football.

Thats either poor transfer business, or has I believe, poor descision making on team selection,

from both Ranieri and C Shakespeare.proving they are one dimensional, and have no skill in intigrating

new players, or changing tactics to suit 100mil new buys. Silva signing wont change anything because,

our selection and player management have no sense of need or tactical awareness.

Only a few weeks ago I stood by CS, because he needed sometime, but quite honestly hes not tryed or budged

on team set up.Hes either downright slow on pick up and understanding, or tactically blind.

A 2 man midfield we cant hack.  King could do still a job in a 3 midfielder team but never in a 2, trying to use Albrighton

as s midfielder, doesnt cut it.  James/Ndidi/Iberro....or King.  We let Mendy go, our better young midfielders are out on loan.

Rudkin, coaching staff and CS, have made poor poor descisions...They have let down club, owners and fans  with their

Bullshit management and wasted promises.

Why the rant and anger/frustration...because there is no sign of trying a different approach, and keeping stubborn on

team set up...There is a plan A only, its wrong our turgid jnemotionional football proves it...

Ranieri takes a massive blame as well by destroying the successfull  backroom staff set up that NP built up over his years, ruining

a modern successfull set up, that was working brilliantly.

The owners like us all have had the wool pulled over our eyes for 2 seasons, having management in charge who hage had no idea how

to keep us at that high level, or just maintain that ground gained...The club has now failed after one short fantastic success,

The owners have to react...nobody could believe 2 stubborn managers could waste the ground gained, and be so blind.

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

If we start as negatively against WBA as we did todsy and against Huddersfield then I think the fanbase will turn. If you can't be brave v West Brom at home then when can you, Craig? 

The team that do finished the game today should start against West Brom.

Agree with this. Play our best attacking team and have a go. Iborra in for Kingy and bring George Thomas from the U23's to be Iborrra's attacking alternate on the bench. Play Gray AND Mahrez and play Iheanacho alongside Vardy. They need time to forge a partnership and Nacho needs minutes on the pitch. He is a better footballer and finisher than Shinji. Find an alternative to Simmo with some attacking threat during the international break too. (Sagna?)

I wish Shakey could have shown the video to the players of 'Great City Performances Against Bournemouth' but unfortunately there isn't one. We came, we got a point, we didn't concede a goal and most importantly we didn't lose. What's not to like?

I know the players are playing like they're knee deep in shit at the moment, but it will get better once we have a midfield. Honest.

:whistle:

7 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

It really is. The h8rs of all our creative players sicken me to my very core.

My favourite bit of the game was the look of utter disgust on Gray's face when Fuchs was timewasting at a throw in.

Everybody is scared of people that try and do something. Maguire, Mahrez, Gray.... at least they try to do something.

But because Albrighton "works hard" that's better than a creative player to trying to do something for us.

2 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Yes, a point away from home in the PL is never a bad result...

BUT

... the performance was awful. Totally inept, clueless on the ball and no quality at all.

I'd give Shakespeare 2 or 3 more games maximum now.

This is completely unrelated to the thread but I actually belly laughed reading your signature. lol

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

My opinion is Iborra should never play in a 4-4-2, he's like another defender

Appears he was instructed never to cross midfield.  Today he was Maguire's license to drive (forward) in Shakey's cautious "system".

8 minutes ago, thursday_next said:

I wish Shakey could have shown the video to the players of 'Great City Performances Against Bournemouth' but unfortunately there isn't one. We came, we got a point, we didn't concede a goal and most importantly we didn't lose. What's not to like?

:whistle:

That the only reason we didn't lose by 3 or 4 is through sheer dumb luck? If we'd have lost 2-0 we'd still have stolen that game, the gulf in class of performance was embarrassing. It was utter shit and a clear indication of where we are going.

words fail me 

i see the team and then i see the bench 

slim 30m

mahrez 40m ?

musa 16m 

ibborra 12m 

nachoman 25m 

thats 123m pound of players sitting on the bench and we are playing ****ing andy king and okazaki ffs 

every game we are being overrun in midfield and shinji is having to drop back leaving vardy on his own and they just man mark him and were out the game and also simpson and fuchs/chilwell  have been leaving us woefully exposed down the wings . 

we need to be better in the middle and have more options up top , i hate to say it but me must go 3-5-2 

------------------------------------------kasper-------------------------------------

-------------dragovic----------------morgan-----------------------maguire---

albrighton--------------------------------------------------------------chilwell---

-----------------------ndidi------------------------iborra---------------------------

---------------------------------mahrez/king----------------------------------------

---------------------nachoman-------------------vardy-----------------------------

Results wise, it's pretty much what I expected. Losses to the big boys, two away draws and beating Brighton at home. Performances wise, we are abysmal. Robbed both Huddersfield and Bournemouth. It's a results based business so I suppose I shouldn't be too unhappy but we have been pretty awful thus far. Unless there's a significant improvement, we'll be lucky to beat the drop.

Archived