Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Thoughts on Dyche?

Thoughts on dyche?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. What is your general thought on Dyche as an all round manager?

• Generally Positive (would welcome here)
    • Generally Negative (pick someone else)

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

But anyone thinking they haven't played negative defensive game are kidding themselves, simple as that. 

With a chunk of irony in our mini "quote on quote" the BBC Sport website have put a complete article out there tonight effectively saying Burnley have not been jammy away from home. Overall they are performing badly in "stats" unlike a top team. However, throw in great preparation, real bravery, consistency and excellent strike rate in front of goal, Burnley go right to the top. All elements driven by the Manager and his coaching/preparation. Irony....

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

With a chunk of irony in our mini "quote on quote" the BBC Sport website have put a complete article out there tonight effectively saying Burnley have not been jammy away from home. Overall they are performing badly in "stats" unlike a top team. However, throw in great preparation, real bravery, consistency and excellent strike rate in front of goal, Burnley go right to the top. All elements driven by the Manager and his coaching/preparation. Irony....

So they've played defensive football then.

10 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Apologies if this has been posted before

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41670800

but it details how he is a much better manager than he comes across in interviews.

I'd like to see him offered the job - before Everton sack Koemann

I’m not totally opposed to him given the paucity of other reasonable candidates. 

As as impressive as those numbers are it’s a very small sample and the probability is they will but cut in half by the seasons end. 

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So they've played defensive football then.

Oh get a grip please. WITH (mostly) CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS, Dyche has won at Chelsea, won at Everton, drawn at Liverpool and Spurs.

You're reaffirming each time the exact reason why I disagree with you. Everything ultimately about Burnley this season is about his management, it's not him having all the tools and just being a negative nelly with them...

It's like you're having a pop at a one armed boxer about his fighting skills....

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

What's wrong with defensive football?

If we wanted defensive and hope to knick a result we might as well have stuck with Shakespeare. Compared to the likes of Coleman and Pardew, Dyche would be a god-send, but he's a colossal bellend with a shit excuse permanently up his sleeve (No money, but our transfer record and theirs were on a par until we brought in Mendy, Musa and Slimani).

2 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Dyche in his press conference definitely didn't commit to Burnley. 

He never does.  Why would he make an exception for you?

Anyway, the only way to kill speculation of moving is to say "I can't stand that club, I wouldn't touch them with a 10-foot barge pole".  And he wouldn't say that, even if it was true.

19 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sean-dyches-reported-interest-leicester-11371788

Sean Dyche’s reported interest in the Leicester job is understandable but he shouldn't touch it with a bargepole

Unnecessarily afraid of relegation? What is the point of being in the division if you're not trying to avoid relegation? Absolutely stunning that he's been paid to write that,

8 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Oh get a grip please. WITH (mostly) CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS, Dyche has won at Chelsea, won at Everton, drawn at Liverpool and Spurs.

You're reaffirming each time the exact reason why I disagree with you. Everything ultimately about Burnley this season is about his management, it's not him having all the tools and just being a negative nelly with them...

It's like you're having a pop at a one armed boxer about his fighting skills....

You really don't get it do you, how about you try reading a thread before wading in.

I've not criticised him or Burnley, I've done two things. Point out their football had been defensive and negative, in the face of being told it isn't (virtually every stat backs up they are and that BBC article). I'm well aware of why that is, but that's not even being discussed.

I've then pointed out the hypocrisy of some who have been slating us as negative and then lauding Burnley, who have been every inch as negative (but are just a damn site better at it).

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I think that's exactly what we want really which is why our last 3 managers have all been coaches who prefer counter attacking style and now our main target is Dyche who again plays on the counter.... Jus saying....

Sacchi style high press (how we won the title) and negative defensive football are worlds apart... Sacchis philosophy was pretty much the big attacking revolution in Italy when he rocked up.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

You really don't get it do you, how about you try reading a thread before wading in.

I've not criticised him or Burnley, I've done two things. Point out their football had been defensive and negative, in the face of being told it isn't (virtually every stat backs up they are and that BBC article). I'm well aware of why that is, but that's not even being discussed.

I've then pointed out the hypocrisy of some who have been slating us as negative and then lauding Burnley, who have been every inch as negative (but are just a damn site better at it).

Perhaps if you could just state that 37 more times.....:huh:

One of the more realistic shouts on here and certain things fall into place. Could on his ambitions and our ambitions. he has shown he can cut his cloth accordingly and he has done a good job with the tools at his disposal. You would hope what we can offer as a club should give the opportunity to someone like SD to offer a more expansive game, just hope if he comes he gets a chance and some on here don't expect us to turn into Barcelona overnight

I’m warming to the idea of Dyche I must admit.

Assuming we don’t get a ‘big’ name then I’d definitely have him over the likes of Coleman, Pardew and especially Moyes.

Could do better, could do worse. 

Although dyche is growing on me I do think it would be a short term solution. Whichever way you look at it the owners want a name that standsout. Short term dyche would be perfect but they want a bigger name to attract players and fans. Imo I would go with dyche and I would be happy to have a boring season where we (hopefully) finish mid table. I just don't know whether the owners would be happy with that especially after seeing the money coming from the champ league. Who they appoint will give a good indication of where they see the club going.  

Archived