Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Thoughts on Dyche?

Thoughts on dyche?  

434 members have voted

1. 1. What is your general thought on Dyche as an all round manager?

• Generally Positive (would welcome here)
    • Generally Negative (pick someone else)

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

What's that got to do with anything? Not debating the end results am I.

Forgot they also won at Chelsea as well.

By definition the implication of your comments are they play more negatively than us, play less football and have been lucky. Certainly elements of your point might be the case, but......

.....Considering he's got a whole team of players we'd think "beneath us" says something to still get all those results.  I think you need a little perspective when being disingenuous about their play/set up.

Many others putting things into perspective, think he's working wonders with mainly championship players. They're hardly going to play like Brazil are they? Even if their goal at Everton could have been from a Brazil team.....

I think the buggiest debate has been mentioned already. Not what he's done/doing, but the what if.......

Can he manage so called bigger names / ego's etc. Can he step up to a different group of players, probably collectively more talented than those at Burnley, but bigger wages, much bigger and some with equal size ego's. Further still some having a Premiership winners medal on the mantelpiece?

2 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

I think the buggiest debate has been mentioned already. Not what he's done/doing, but the what if.......

Can he manage so called bigger names / ego's etc. Can he step up to a different group of players, probably collectively more talented than those at Burnley, but bigger wages, much bigger and some with equal size ego's. Further still some having a Premiership winners medal on the mantelpiece?

The problem is.. the managers out there who have proven able to step up, are out of our reach so we have to take a gamble. This one seems like a safer one than others.

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Work rate was walking pace and they looked like they had never met before on a football pitch.  They looked confused as to what their roles were and the heads were down.  Have no idea what game you watched but it certainly wasn't Leicesters...

Sorry, but work rate was not the issue on Monday. Struggling to break WBA down was the issue.

Do you remember Swansea away last season? Southampton away? United at home? Now they were performances lacking work rate and players not knowing their roles.

A lot of people on this forum have totally overblown how poor we have been this season in regards to performances. It could have been a hell of a lot worse.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

How would he cope with a Mahrez, or a Vardy? Or Silva. What works for them, telling them they need to fight to stay in the prem could run them up completely he wrong way. Who knows.

I don't know about Silva, and Mahrez would either learn to graft or would leave; but Vardy?  Last season when you came to the Turf, just before Ranieri got the chop, Vardy grafted more than anyone.  Unless I'm missing something, he's an ideal Dyche player.

1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Forgot they also won at Chelsea as well.

By definition the implication of your comments are they play more negatively than us, play less football and have been lucky. Certainly elements of your point might be the case, but......

.....Considering he's got a whole team of players we'd think "beneath us" says something to still get all those results.  I think you need a little perspective when being disingenuous about their play/set up.

Many others putting things into perspective, think he's working wonders with mainly championship players. They're hardly going to play like Brazil are they? Even if their goal at Everton could have been from a Brazil team.....

You you need to read the whole thread.

I've got nothing but admiration for him and what he's done. He was my choice last time we were after a manager.

But anyone thinking they haven't played negative defensive game are kidding themselves, simple as that. 

1 hour ago, orangecity23 said:

It's easy to sit round being captain hindsight and claiming King is the worst thing ever, but we were in a crap situation in central midfield, and all of your proposed solutions could easily have worked out worse than King. Amartey has been complained about loads on here, Choudury failed in the Championship last year, Thomas has only got experience in League 2. After that, as I said, it's players out of position, and as Fuchs at centre back last year showed, it doesn't always work as well on the pitch as it does on paper. And if it didn't work, would you give Shakespeare credit for trying it? Nah, just would have replaced the King stuff in the list of charges against him with "plays players out of position, totally wasting them".

I never said King was the worst thing ever only that he's lost his bottle for the battle in midfield, And when your playing him and Wilf as a two your already on a loser. I actually felt sorry for Wilf, he was overrun trying to provide protection with little help from King unless someone gave him the Ball. The point has Shakey tried nothing. Managers have to take a leap of faith at times and follow their instincts. Like Everton with Kendall in the 60s And Rooney as a 16 year old. Utd with the class of 92 even Benfica with the 18year old in Goal last night. Players mature at different levels and for different reasons, Football is not an exact science the human element comes into it all the time. That's where the Manager shows his experience in making the changes to anticipate the opposition and get the result. Shakey has proved reasonably good at it during games but refused to change his starting lineups.

That's where he mainly fell down, and for that I think he lost some of the players.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He's a belledlol but I guess I'd have to try and look past it if he were appointed. He's proved himself to be a very good manager.

Whether he'd leave Burnley is another matter though. 

What, are you saying you want to try and look past Shaun Dyche's bellend?

16 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I don't know about Silva, and Mahrez would either learn to graft or would leave; but Vardy?  Last season when you came to the Turf, just before Ranieri got the chop, Vardy grafted more than anyone.  Unless I'm missing something, he's an ideal Dyche player.

He does have a bit of an Ego and is a bit of a twat aswell and  I don't know how Dyche would deal with that.... It seems like our last couple of managers have allowed him to do that. Also him and his wife seemt o think they are the new Bekhams, but yes, a grafter on the pitch...

23 minutes ago, Nugent said:

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not ruled himself out... he'd take it.

Diplomatic but begging for a Job offer.  Which is harsh on Burnley and he's done fantastically well there.. but maybe he is thinking he has taken them as far as he can?  i dont think he may realize what a huge job he would have on his hands... there has been a vacuum of authority since Pearson has left and the players egos have been allowed to run wild and now it seems to of of finally caught up on them and  totally effected the whole mentality of the squad. Complete overhawl needed and a lot of work to be done.

However on the plus side he would probably  give Grey the first team place he  craves as he would likely want to kick out Mahrez as an un-stabilizing influence on the squad ( because he wants to leave)

'Flattered and not aware of any approach'.. aka come and get me! 

Would have been easy to suggest he is happy at Burnley and has contract with them etc.

I fully expect Top to still be demanding a Big name though.. so might take a while until he finally admits defeat and we get around to asking permission to talk to Dyche. 

33 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

'Flattered and not aware of any approach'.. aka come and get me! 

Would have been easy to suggest he is happy at Burnley and has contract with them etc.

I fully expect Top to still be demanding a Big name though.. so might take a while until he finally admits defeat and we get around to asking permission to talk to Dyche. 

I saw on twitter someone saying that out of the owners and Rudkin, it was Rudkin who wasn't so keen on Dyche.  Probably hoping to be able to brown nose Ancelotti or Mancini or someone like that.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

He does have a bit of an Ego and is a bit of a twat aswell and  I don't know how Dyche would deal with that.... It seems like our last couple of managers have allowed him to do that. Also him and his wife seemt o think they are the new Bekhams, but yes, a grafter on the pitch...

Joey Barton was a model pro while at Burnley.  I don't see Vardy being an impossible problem.

We'll buy him off you!

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Diplomatic but begging for a Job offer.  Which is harsh on Burnley and he's done fantastically well there.. but maybe he is thinking he has taken them as far as he can?  i dont think he may realize what a huge job he would have on his hands... there has been a vacuum of authority since Pearson has left and the players egos have been allowed to run wild and now it seems to of of finally caught up on them and  totally effected the whole mentality of the squad. Complete overhawl needed and a lot of work to be done.

However on the plus side he would probably  give Grey the first team place he  craves as he would likely want to kick out Mahrez as an un-stabilizing influence on the squad ( because he wants to leave)

Not surprised when the owners go out and buy them flash cars as if they didn't get enough bonus' anyway.

Archived