Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

8 minutes ago, totbl said:

That was in a league and country he would have known inside out, and which is less competitive.  If we sack a manager, it shouldn't be to replace him with someone equally as average, especially when the outgoing manager has been inside the club for a long time and a key part of success. Reading many Southampton fans views, he sounds like a very poor choice.

There's no way of knowing if he's as average as Shakespeare yet though. He was hardly horrific at Southampton last season given their injuries and players they lost - but we'd all love finishing 8th and reaching a League Cup final in the next couple of years and has a good record in France.

He might not be exciting but absolutely nothing to suggest he'd be a "very poor" choice.

But yet people want Dyche who's already got a team relegated from this division based on one season where he barely stayed up last season? I don't get it. He seems like a much better choice than the likes of Dyche, Pardew and Coleman to me with much more potential to do well here.

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, he's at a club where he likes to keep the status quo as is because it gives him an excuse for failure and limited expectations, and thus, job safety.

Lets be honest, if Burnley went down with 30 points this year would they get rid? Nope, because it'd be spun as 'reality hits for poor little Burnley' and off goes Dyche to the Championship again with his parachute payments in the bank pointing at every other teams spending around him.

Massively fraud of a manager who cares more about his own reputation than actually moving a club forward

Yes....so concerned about "job safety" that he refuses to sign a long-term contract and has always been on rolling 12-month deal.

If the compensation figure of £2.5 million is correct, Dyche could well be on £50k a week. Koeman was on £120k a week at Everton.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Say what? He completely rebuilt that club from lower mid-table to title contenders and left to go to a bigger opportunity at M'boro. Don't reinvent history.

And he's only had a short amount of time at Boro so far, time will tell. He's a good manager, done great jobs at Swansea and Leeds.

And he’ll remain only having a short time at Boro if things continue as they are.

Fans want Monk out already - one dimensional tactics seem to have been found out. And having heard his post match press conference on Saturday even he knows he’s on the edge. He has 2/3 games to turn it around at best.

23 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Number of bookies closed their book 

Yep. No Leicester Manager market on PP now!

Looks like you’ve hit the jackpot AGAIN :appl:

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

what have you got against him?

Says the man doing a hatchet job on Dyche. 

I don't like getting managers who were sacked from their last job, despite a decent finish. It rings massive alarm bells (why sack a manager if he's that good), especially when he was said to have fallen out with some of their big players. 

I'm massively unconvinced, I don't think he'll be awful, but I'm worried it's going to be very meh!

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Says the man doing a hatchet job on Dyche. 

I don't like getting managers who were sacked from their last job, despite a decent finish. It rings massive alarm bells (why sack a manager if he's that good), especially when he was said to have fallen out with some of their big players. 

I'm massively unconvinced, I don't think he'll be awful, but I'm worried it's going to be very meh!

I'm wondering whether 'meh' might be just what we need...

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I'm wondering whether 'meh' might be just what we need...

We've got a cracking squad come January, I just don't want to see it go to waste. Midseason appointments are often uninspiring anyway as it's always out of work or lower league managers. 

Will get my full backing as per usual. 

Not fully convinced but it was always going to be tougher to get a new manager now rather than the summer when we should've gone all out for it.

Hopefully he starts well and we continue the momentum from the last two games.

Archived