Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

13 minutes ago, Mendi said:

Southampton fans were glad he went. So what new here for him.

I think some of their fans were quite torn, to be fair he had just led them to a Cup Final (Knocking out Arsenal & Liverpool on the way) and a top half finish even after losing the likes of Mane and Wanyama. Also only having VVD for half a season.  

I've seen quite a few wishing they had given him another season as his replacement is hardly setting the world alight. 

I think some fans are being slightly harsh considering the other names towards the top of the odds list, Pardew & Coleman to name a couple. 

57 minutes ago, Corky said:

The problem is, the list of potential names was hardly a glittering one. 

Giggs- Never been a full-time manager

Moyes- Sacked from his last three jobs with all fans fed up

Pardew- Streaky manager who has lost his way

Coleman- Very unconvincing club career

Appleton- Better as an assistant currently

Dyche- Unlikely that he'd join this time but the best shout

Howe- Doubts about his ability away from Bournemouth

Ancelotti, Tuchel, Silva weren't going to come. Appointing managers during the season is much, much harder. We'll fail because we didn't do enough work in the summer, with time on our side, to get what they wanted (which clearly wasn't Shakespeare). 

If Puel can get the players onside he should be fine, that isn't a given though. However, that would be the same for any new manager.

Exactly this. Whether Puel is the best option but I'm sure most of the people slating him couldn't name a better AND realistic alternative..

Guest bss9401
31 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Pascal Plancque was his no.2 at Southampton alongside Eric Black.

pascal-plancque_57900_wide.jpg

Looks like some Hobbit's just legged it with his ring!

Somewhat underwhelmed, but he comes with Premier League experience and may have that knack for turning a struggling ship around that we so desperately need.

If it's fine by the board, then it's fine by me!

Maintenant à l'attaque, monsieurs! La saison commence dès demain.

Archived