Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Somewhat underwhelmed, but he comes with Premier League experience and may have that knack for turning a struggling ship around that we so desperately need.

If it's fine by the board, then it's fine by me!

Maintenant à l'attaque, monsieurs! La saison commence dès demain.

Chamois le ather! 

12 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

You keep shit posting him without even giving explanation other than "he's crap". 

He crap because if you ask Saints fans you find out. Sacked from Southampton remember that. Now how that posting crap. If you don't agree with me don't comment simple as. thank you :schmike:

5 minutes ago, Mendi said:

He crap because if you ask Saints fans you find out. Sacked from Southampton remember that. Now how that posting crap. If you don't agree with me don't comment simple as. thank you :schmike:

So you're just an echo chamber. I've guessed that much. 

Mate, that's a public forum, as soon as you post something, even if it's crap, expect a reply. If you can't cope with it, please refrain from posting. Thank you. :schmike:

7 minutes ago, Mendi said:

He crap because if you ask Saints fans you find out. Sacked from Southampton remember that. Now how that posting crap. If you don't agree with me don't comment simple as. thank you

lol This forum isn't an echo chamber. 

Sacked from southampton, so was big nige and that didn't work out too badly. He went to them with a good reputation from France, was stiffed without the spine of a team or any strikers for a big chunk of his season. Pragmatic rather than Puelis, and a damn sight better than Coleman, giggs or pardew.

One thing I will say in his defence is that I've seen him criticised for not performing as well as Koeman at Southampton. What you have to remember is that he didn't have Mane, Wanyama, Pelle or Fonte (for half a season) and played significantly more games due to Europa League and their League Cup run. 

6 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

So you're just an echo chamber. I've guessed that much. 

Mate, that's a public forum, as soon as you post something, even if it's crap, expect a reply. If you can't cope with it, please refrain from posting. Thank you. :schmike:

Simple i will ignore the comments ;)  I answer proper questions, not silly ones :scarf:

23 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Can someone please explain why a 'bland' or 'uninspiring' managerial appointment is, necessarily, a bad one ??

Exactly. He's as far removed from Tim Sherwood as you can get. Which is just grand in my book.

Bit underwhelmed at first, just been watching his interviews and he could talk a glass eye to sleep but then is being charismatic the most important thing?

His record is good, Southampton lost loads of players and could have been relegation fodder, he has had the right experience on his CV with positive spells abroad.  I don’t get why anyone who would being over negative before a ball is even kicked? if he is our manager then I’ll stand a clap when he walks out, **** being on his back straight away. We need to establish ourselves in the EPL and maybe that’s what the owners are going for?

Also hope we keep Appleton, so many negative comments about him for no good reason only a week ago as well..?  I think we need some continuity in the management our side clearly enjoy working at the club and i get the feeling the number 2 position is underrated in its influence, its important to keep that team spirit after an unpopular sacking with the players. team spirit its part of our character now.

Give him a chance, and get behind the Man 

I would rather have Puel than; 

Colman

Pardew

Almyeda

Giggs

Alladyce

we're not going to get;

Tunchel

Anchelotti

Wagner

Marco Silva

we can't afford;

Pellagrini

Dyche and Lauren Blanc would be the only other avenues I'd like us to have gone down, but all in all, he's probably as good as we could get, in reality.

Guys, we have much more exciting squad than Soton had under him, their best players including Mane and Pelle had left before last season started and he had to cope with the likes of Jay Rodriguez, Austin etc and buy Gabbiadini in January... They had very decent results and scored a considerable number of goals too, I wonder what did they expect, to do the Leicester or something? lol I just refuse to believe he can make it any more boring than the worst we've seen this year under CR and Shakes

Yes it is a bit underwhelming, but at least it's not Pardew, Allardyce. or Ryan '****ing' Giggs! 

Also I hope we'll get this Plancque guy as a bonus, that mug alone is worth any price... Just give him a crate of Singhas, that should do! 

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I'm quite intrigued by this appointment, quietly optimistic that he could do well 

I know right, I dont understand the negativity behind him being our new manager defensively we've been terrible for 2 seasons now...No one can make assumptions about how we're going to play until you've seen us play with him in charge for at least 10 games, like i said previously it wouldn't matter who came in you could have Tuchel come in and he wouldn't have us playing "amazing" football straight away. If we play more defensively and win more games 1-0 and become a decent top 10 side i'd be ****ing ecstatic.  

Fingers crossed. Anyone with a fresh outlook and a tactical awareness beyond 442 gets a chance for me. Hope it's a deal until the end of the year so we can reassess then. Confident he'll do ok with us as long as the players give him a chance...

24 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I would rather have Puel than; 

Colman

Pardew

Almyeda

Giggs

Alladyce

we're not going to get;

Tunchel

Anchelotti

Wagner

Marco Silva

we can't afford;

Pellagrini

Dyche and Lauren Blanc would be the only other avenues I'd like us to have gone down, but all in all, he's probably as good as we could get, in reality.

That's probably the best way of looking at it. I don't think that Puel is a bad manager by any means. My real concern is that I'm not sure the squad we have really fit in with how he wants to play. 

Hi all. Saints fan her so go easy on me. LOL.

Just wanted to say that Southampton didn't actually sack Claude Puel in the conventional way, according to Matt Le Tissier on Gillette Soccer Saturday a couple of months ago. Matt said that Puel was offered the chance to stay on as manager but he would have to change his style of play. Puel refused. That's why it took us so long to appoint Pellegrino who it has to be said is not doing great. There were a few of us that thought Puel might do well in his second season and were willing to give him another chance mainly because of the cup run and getting us to a major cup Final. To be honest he is still a bit of an enigma to most of us Saints fans and it would be hard to guess what is in store for Leicester with Puel in charge. I, for one, wish him well and hope he does a good job (except against us of course) for Leicester. We can throw in Eric Black (taken on as Puels interpreter) as well if you like. Good luck, it's going to be interesting to see what we are missing. :)

Archived