Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

Not sure the negativity. He got Sadio Mane sold from under him, but brought in VVD, got Romeu playing, and signed Boufal (who a lot on here wanted). 

Also blooded a lot of youngsters. Tactically astute and played football, don’t we want that?! Harshly sacked I think (agree with some comments that if it had been us, we would have been destroyed in the media). 

Out of options, I think he is up there with the better suggestions, and pressure won’t be as great compared to Ancelotti or Dyche who would have spotlight on them (for different reasons). 

2 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Does he really need to entertain the year we won the league we weren’t entertaining at all in the second half of the season but week in week out we got the job done i’d Take points on the board over entertainment

It’s time this idea that ‘we were not entertaining at all in the second half of the season’ was put to bed.

It often touted by the anti Ranieri brigade who seem to like to rewrite history in an attempt to convince some that he is somewhat of a joke character and it was all an accident etc.

The truth is that the end of Feb & March out of a 10 month season -  was the period where our run of the the 1-0 victories came. 

Early Feb were were beating Liverpool 2-0 and marmalising Man City 3-1 away when it could have been 5.

In April one of the 4 games was a 4-0 hammering of Swansea.

Come to terms with the fact that we won the ****ing thing totally on merit, and the reality that CR did not have us playing for 1-0 wins left right and centre, much as some cretins would have you believe.

Won Ligue One with Monaco in his first season as a manager, turned Lille into Champions League regulars, took Lyon to the semi finals of the Champions League, turned Nice into European regulars and got Southampton to the League Cup final in his first and only season in charge. He is regarded as a defensive minded manager so would suit us well. We could do a lot worse, I'd take him. 

28 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Too defensively minded, think they got something like the least goals in the league.

No thanks

They've only scored 7 this season, I don't think Puel is the problem there.

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

What's that got to do with anything?

And, actually, not everyone did. I was very open minded about his appointment.

So was i

People are quick to say no thats all i’m getting at

You never know what a manager could be capable of 

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Also blooded a lot of youngsters.

We could probably come up with multiple XIs of Southampton Academy players playing in the Premier League. There probably aren't 11 Leicester Academy players in the league, let alone covering every position. There is much more going on down there and the Academy Factories at Chelsea and in Manchester than a short term manager can fix. Van Gaal gave a ton of youngsters there debut at United but it was mostly due to an injury crisis even though there is no denying they have a ton of super talented kids up there.

1 hour ago, sk3since03 said:

Appoint 

Obviously you know about Claude Puel alot more than i do 

a point is better than no points which you are Pardew get. ;)

5 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Southampton fans complaining of his negative tactics and formations !!

Well at least they had some tactics and formations to complain about. We have been lacking in both of late.

Speaking to my Southampton supporting mate about him and his exact words were.... 

"He gets results but his brand if football is chronically boring. He will turn Leicester into a solid mid table team at the expense of all excitement in the club"

To be Fair, the pal who said this is THE most critical football fan I've ever known (look up "Scotland's angriest football fan" that's him contesting a throw in) so for him to say that is actually a glowing recommendation.

16 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Speaking to my Southampton supporting mate about him and his exact words were.... 

"He gets results but his brand if football is chronically boring. He will turn Leicester into a solid mid table team at the expense of all excitement in the club"

To be Fair, the pal who said this is THE most critical football fan I've ever known (look up "Scotland's angriest football fan" that's him contesting a throw in) so for him to say that is actually a glowing recommendation.

He’ll probably do alright considering we’ve already gone to the trouble of removing all excitement from the club.

To go from having to take a walk so I didn’t start hyperventilating against Sevilla, to getting emotional about how shockingly boring and shit we were against West Brom in the space of 6 months is impressive! 

39 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I thought our tickets were some of the cheapest in the division?

I'm not sure I give a shit what other clubs charge for tickets. All I care about is that the club has never been richer - and yet matches have never been as expensive.

Archived