Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

If it is him then I'm intrigued to see how he gets on. Have to agree with others that I don't think he'll be a strong enough character to stamp his authority on this group of players which is what I really do feel we need right now. 

If true, I'm very disappointed that we didn't make an offer for Dyche who would have fit the bill perfectly, especially as he made it pretty clear that he'd be open to talks if we approached him. I can see us regretting that decision later down the line. 

Just now, Max Power said:

The thing is, if the short term goal is establishing us as a Premier League team like Saints/Stoke whatever, sometimes you need these fairly dull but steady appointments. As exciting as it is lurching from title win to relegation battle isn't really on and we've found ourself in two after our big moment. 2-3 years of solidity under Puel and we see where we are. 

The more I think about it the more I think this might be an astute appointment. Yes he played dour football at Southampton bit he lacked strikers so he panicked and made them defensively sound and tactically aware. We have Vardy, Okazaki and Slimani so we have competent strikers. 

Puel has a decent CV. I'm trying to be positive here. 

I'd rather someone in the media team cut a 10 minute compilation of all of Andy King's sniffs from his post-match interviews throughout his wonderful & majestic 10 year career, and play that in the changing room before each game as a tool for motivation, than employ this foreign clown.

15 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I’m not ITK lol , im a gambler and pay good money for good info  

@Izzy Muzzett will vouch I have a decent strike rate lol 

You're a shrewd operator mate, I know that.

Having seen that betting slip you wouldn't have bet that much if you didn't know something solid :whistle:

Image result for playa meme

Just now, EnderbyFox said:

Meh, we could do worse. 

Which formation did he favour at Southampton?

Is it worth removing someone with the knowledge and loyalty Shakey had in the club for a "could do worse". One by one, so many pieces of what built our club back are being taken away. I'm not saying getting rid of CS was wrong, but it's not right if this is the sort of appointment we make. I'd love to be proven wrong

7 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

He didn't even do bad at Southampton. Fairly solid appointment.

17 points less than the season before and only two point starters more than us with less goals scored... in a season where we were shocking!

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

What was his win ratio at Southampton? That’s all I care about, he better not be a limp dick though that gets bullied by our squad lol 

37% from 53 games...average of 42% from 763 games.

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

What was his win ratio at Southampton? That’s all I care about, he better not be a limp dick though that gets bullied by our squad lol 

37.74 % .

Puel is the owners' favourite but I'm led to believe they are still talking/due to talk to 2 other potential managers to take over (not sure who). 

I'm uninspired by Puel to be honest. Didn't enjoy his time at Southampton and how he got them playing. I don't think some players will be happy with him either. We're not the kind of side to be lulled in to boring football. 

9 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Getting shorter by the min 

Its almost like people are reading something on the internet and then putting money on.

The odds really are far from tumbling like people suggest. 8/11 on SkyBet which isn't a million miles away from doubling your money. He is really the only person that we have reportedly spoken to so far so it isn't really a shock to see him being the favourite at this stage.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

17 points less than the season before and only two point starters more than us with less goals scored... in a season where we were shocking!

And reached a cup final.

Southampton fans say he went defensive cos Austin and Long were injured/unavailable, hence they had to sign Gabbiadini om January deadline day. Im not saying Puel is a perfect appointment but he was at least astute enough to know Southampton's limitations.

Puel has a decent CV and has done well with previous clubs.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Argh ya could argue his squad wasn't as good as previous years and I think Southampton will probably finish in a similar position  this year. We have more flair players than Southampton and I'd be interested to see how Vardy and Mahrez will play under puel. I don't know how his previously managed teams have played bad Southampton, but managers have to adapt to their squad strengths.

The reality is, it's a punt of an appointment, but he's got a fairly solid record thus far and I'd take him compared to the likes of Coleman, pardew etc.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

And reached a cup final.

Southampton fans say he went defensive cos Austin and Long were injured/unavailable, hence they had to sign Gabbiadini om January deadline day. Im not saying Puel is a perfect appointment but he was at least astute enough to know Southampton's limitations.

Puel has a decent CV and has done well with previous clubs.

Was going to make the same point. When you consider the poor striking options that Soton had last season and this he made the most of what he had.

who here would pick Long or Austin ahead of Vardy, Shinji or Slimani? Must and Ulloa maybe ?

He'd get my full support if appointed.

Archived