Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

41 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They finished 6 points clear of 17th and scored 3 in their last 8 games (winning one).

I thought this is why they got rid of him but they haven't been scoring this season either.

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Is this the guy that can't speak a word of English?

Pochettino used a translater in his first 2-3 years in England. Wouldn't judge anyone based on their linguistic skills. 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Are we just naming as many mediocre managers as we can now?

Tbf in his only PL season he guided Southampton (an average sized club, maybe less than that) to 8th position and a league cup final. I'd certainly take that.

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf in his only PL season he guided Southampton (an average sized club, maybe less than that) to 8th position and a league cup final. I'd certainly take that.

True. I just ain’t feeling it about any of them at the moment

I think people need to get realistic. More than likely we’re not going to win the league again, so realistically the best we can do is top 6, possibly top 4 and even then it will be tough to do that. We don’t need a high calibre name to be our manager so we can push for Europe this year. What we need is stability. A few mid table finishes in a row would be fine. Once we’ve got that, we can look to how we can progress further, whether that would be getting a high calibre manager in or giving the exsisting manager more funds. Although the thought of Puel doesn’t really get anyone’s juices flowing, including mine, I think it would be a sensible appointment to bring stability to the club with the view of a longer term plan of progression. 

Definitely not the worst option. But I worry he would not have the ability to deal with a strong dressing room and command respect from our senior players. I think that like Ranieri he would have to get off to a good start or lose both the players and the crowd quickly.

I think as a longer term option he is better than Dyche, Coleman, et all but more of a worry for the short-term.

Has Pellegrini been linked? I think he would be a great fit. He only went downhill after the club told him and his players that Guardiola was coming in at the end of the season and gave lots of chances to Ihenacho.

Archived