Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

9 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

We could probably come up with multiple XIs of Southampton Academy players playing in the Premier League. There probably aren't 11 Leicester Academy players in the league, let alone covering every position. There is much more going on down there and the Academy Factories at Chelsea and in Manchester than a short term manager can fix. Van Gaal gave a ton of youngsters there debut at United but it was mostly due to an injury crisis even though there is no denying they have a ton of super talented kids up there.

Not sure about multiple youth team Southampton XIs but they’ve had more than us. My point was more that he was prepared to give game some time to youngsters but only a couple from my memory. I’d argue we have some good youngsters but we haven’t been that good and giving them a chance even. 

By the way, current in New England, enjoying Vermont for a long weekend. Off to Ben and Jerry’s tomorrow and had a good hike today on what is apparently the hardest trail in New England! Leaves are beautiful 

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Not sure about multiple youth team Southampton XIs but they’ve had more than us. My point was more that he was prepared to give game some time to youngsters but only a couple from my memory. I’d argue we have some good youngsters but we haven’t been that good and giving them a chance even. 

By the way, current in New England, enjoying Vermont for a long weekend. Off to Ben and Jerry’s tomorrow and had a good hike today on what is apparently the hardest trail in New England! Leaves are beautiful 

Here is a tip. Keep away from FT this weekend and enjoy your break.  

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

I'm not sure I give a shit what other clubs charge for tickets. All I care about is that the club has never been richer - and yet matches have never been as expensive.

Not sure what you pay? But on my season ticket it's £18 a game. Which is reasonable really especially considering the cinema is about £11 these days and a meal out for me and the wife is £50.

44 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Not sure what you pay? But on my season ticket it's £18 a game. Which is reasonable really especially considering the cinema is about £11 these days and a meal out for me and the wife is £50.

Me the wife and two kids 

£9 each it works out 

thats mental good value 

and so grateful to the club for it 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

My son and 17yrs old son with a ST pay the equivalent of  £27 a game between us. Excellent value I think too.

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

None of that has anything to do with what I wrote.

59eb6d56a160f_ScreenShot2017-10-21at16_52_00.thumb.png.7078b3a0108f8b7e3178a729de83fd7c.png

37 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Nicely spelled out.

Fair enough if he isn't your first choice, but I'm not sure why anyone would be appalled by the idea.

He was sacked for being boring. Nobody wants to watch boring football. It's actually worse than losing because it sucks the fun out of watching the team you love.

In fact I'd rather finish 14th scoring loads of goals than 8th with the football equivalent of watching paint dry.

Football is entertainment and I'm appalled if the club doesn't want to entertain the fans.

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

He was sacked for being boring. Nobody wants to watch boring football. It's actually worse than losing because it sucks the fun out of watching the team you love.

In fact I'd rather finish 14th scoring loads of goals than 8th with the football equivalent of watching paint dry.

Football is entertainment and I'm appalled if the club doesn't want to entertain the fans.

Winning is more important than entertainment for me

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

None of that has anything to do with what I wrote.

59eb6d56a160f_ScreenShot2017-10-21at16_52_00.thumb.png.7078b3a0108f8b7e3178a729de83fd7c.png

Sadly tickets are always going to be more for non season ticket holders, that's if you can even get one these days! The cheaper  £30 one's are still not too bad value. There has to be for obvious reasons a price differential advantage for season ticket holders who put their money where their mouth is at the start of the season guaranteeing their money regardless of results and the Johnny Come Lately's who only bother in the Premiership, big matches or when we're doing well. If season tickets were available,  and they always were until recent times, you don't have to be rich just bung it on a free direct debit over a 12 month period. Everyone has a priority as to how they spend their money. The equivalent of  £27 a match shared between an adult and an under 18 is great value, the cinema is hardly cheap these days. 

Absolutely no evidence that the owners want the club to progress with this appointment. I'd much rather have an English manager who can bring all the aspects of the club up like Nige or Chris Wilder but I at least understand the arguments of bringing in an A-List continental coach like Pellegrini who would improve the first team and be a magnet for signings. This, however, would be a nothing appointment.

Archived