Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

1 minute ago, sk3since03 said:

People objected to Claudio.. 

just sayin’ 

We ought to sign Pardew then - people are objecting to him.

Just sayin'

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

They finished 6 points clear of 17th and scored 3 in their last 8 games (winning one).

I agree with your sentiment but he still has a point.

The stick we get from the media for sacking managers is a joke. We should have the same expectations as Southampton if you take away our league title.

With it, considering the position we were in, we should expect more.

1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

Judging him on 1 dull season at Southampton were he did pretty well I don’t know what you lot expect, our next manager needs to be a tactical genius, with a great outgoing personality who has been extremely successful in the premier league!

He needs to entertain. I'm not bothered about anything else. This bloke doesn't on recent evidence.

Try to score goals and relegation won't be a worry.

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They binned Pearson :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, surrifox said:

so they did - you're right  and after saving them from the drop too.

I think you'll find it was all down to Esteban Cambiasso who saved Southampton in 2007, and he was the man who managed us to promotion from League One and the Championship, even though he was playing for Inter Milan at the time............................

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I agree with your sentiment but he still has a point.

The stick we get from the media for sacking managers is a joke. We should have the same expectations as Southampton if you take away our league title.

With it, considering the position we were in, we should expect more.

I think we'd have sacked Shakespeare if we won 1 game in 8 scoring just 3 goals (two coming in the victory).

6 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Judging him on 1 dull season at Southampton were he did pretty well I don’t know what you lot expect, our next manager needs to be a tactical genius, with a great outgoing personality who has been extremely successful in the premier league!

Nah!

He just needs to win. (preferably with attractive attacking football).

Southampton were fairly decent to watch under Koeman so something changed drastically when Puel took over. I dunno, this sort of appointment doesn't ever excite me and I could imagine us struggling to relate to him which would mean very little tolerance when things go iffy and then another new manager being needed. 

27 minutes ago, Koke said:

Southampton finished 8th and they binned him off. How on earth did they get away with that? If we binned our manager after finishing 8th we'd get annihilated by the media.  We can't even sack a manager for being in the bottom 3 ffs.

Spot on!

Getting tired of pundits who nothing about this club saying we have delusions of grandeur firing people because we are not top of the league when in reality in both cases we were in the bottom 3.

I don't remember Palace getting any grief for firing their boss after six games.

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

At what point we're we ever exciting and dog shit? When we're dog shit we're never exciting.

Never said we were, was just making the point I'd rather be boring and be successful than the alternative. And currently we're dull and doing badly.

On the fence about this one - would be a lot better than some of the others names banded about (Coleman, Pardew etc)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/10875900/eden-hazard-insists-claude-puel-is-one-of-the-top-managers-amid-southampton-sack-reports

Eden Hazard insists Claude Puel is up there with the best managers in the game and has credited him with a hand in making the attacker the player he is today.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Southampton were fairly decent to watch under Koeman so something changed drastically when Puel took over. I dunno, this sort of appointment doesn't ever excite me and I could imagine us struggling to relate to him which would mean very little tolerance when things go iffy and then another new manager being needed. 

The 2 games against them last season they totally dominated us. The 0-0 at home was an abomination of a game. They controlled the game and at the end we were hanging on for a 0-0. At home. The 3-0 away defeat was peak Ranieri losing the plot. 

21 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

He needs to entertain. I'm not bothered about anything else. This bloke doesn't on recent evidence.

Try to score goals and relegation won't be a worry.

Does he really need to entertain the year we won the league we weren’t entertaining at all in the second half of the season but week in week out we got the job done i’d Take points on the board over entertainment

38 minutes ago, Koke said:

Southampton finished 8th and they binned him off. How on earth did they get away with that? If we binned our manager after finishing 8th we'd get annihilated by the media.  We can't even sack a manager for being in the bottom 3 ffs.

There was a lot of “Well who do they think they are?” going on when he was sacked, plies they didn’t score in 6 of their last 7 home matches which I think any set of fans would have the right to feel aggrieved with.

I mentioned his name yesterday, not as somebody who’d I want but he’s a better option than Pardew etc

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

The 2 games against them last season they totally dominated us. The 0-0 at home was an abomination of a game. They controlled the game and at the end we were hanging on for a 0-0. At home. The 3-0 away defeat was peak Ranieri losing the plot. 

Yeah I said that in my first post about him, probably the reason we're interested in him. A case of ooooh who's absolutely ripped us apart before? Let's go for him.

Archived