Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Claude Puel - Contender

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Same guy who told me Friday night he was only man they were talking to but there was a couple of things in way , there still is but the deal is done 

FFS, we're getting the French Pardew.:revenge:

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Could do a lot worse. Gets my backing. 

Agree. Could definitely do a lot worse. He's got a decent CV, and for a club our size he could be decent. Southampton finished 8th and got to a cup final under him. He's by no means perfect but considering who we could get Ì will back him. 

At first I agreed with us removing Shakespeare, but I felt bad for him. It then became clear we had no one lined up, and still the names we're (realistically) linked with are either average at best, or very poor. If we appoint this guy, he won't last. It's pretty obvious he's the kind of manager in a season or twos time, we'll be in the same position again, and then we risk becoming a club who changes it's management every year or so with diminishing returns, fighting relegation.

From a business planning perspective, the idea of removing someone like CS without much plan as to who replaces him is a joke. Yes he needed to go, but we could have been much more shrewd with it.

Honestly, out of all the names mentioned, I'd rather have Nigel back.

Just now, Ozwin said:

Our owners have a decent track record but this just strikes me as a stop gap for someone else further down the line. Deffo not a dynasty forming manager is he?

inb4PuelwinsustheCL

Exactly - everything about this strikes me as average and lacking in ambition.

The thing is, if the short term goal is establishing us as a Premier League team like Saints/Stoke whatever, sometimes you need these fairly dull but steady appointments. As exciting as it is lurching from title win to relegation battle isn't really on and we've found ourself in two after our big moment. 2-3 years of solidity under Puel and we see where we are. 

2 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Our owners have a decent track record but this just strikes me as a stop gap for someone else further down the line. Deffo not a dynasty forming manager is he?

inb4PuelwinsustheCL

One year contract and get Wagner or another first choice?

Archived