Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Swansea (A) Match Thread

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

2-0 win.

Okazaki for Nacho means we'll have 11 on the pitch this week

I absolutely want t see Gay on early whatever the scoreline though.

A bit harsh. Pretty sure Nacho was the only one to pick the ball up and try to run at defenders/make something happen.

Also, I'm not one to judge but I think the players need to leave their sexuality off the pitch.

6 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

The formation isn't the issue. It's the fact we have no holding midfielders at the club, that is the problem. A problem created by the failure of the Silva situation.

There is little point changing the formation, which takes weeks to prepare propaly by the way, it's not like champ manager or Fifa where you change it each game. Getting everything right from marking strategies to positioning and style of play that suites the formation, it's far more complicated than some of you seem to believe. 

Our counter attacking style of play suites 4-4-2 and until we suicidally sold our best midfield players and didn't replace them, it worked like a dream. 

4-3-3 might work, but Swansea are known for their fast wing play. Why fill the middle? And going for our other variation of 5 at the back with wing backs would also leave the wings exposed when we attack. So again I ask, what would you have played?

Agree that changing a formation is not straightforward but why the hell didn't we use pre season to try things out? And why have we bought midfielders who can't play effectively in a 2?

Just now, coolhandfox said:

No holding midfielders? 

Iborra, King, Ndidi arn't creative, so if they are holding, what are they? 

King isn't a holding midfielder at all. Best played as the AM alongside a disciplined DM. 

N'Didi is the most dribbled past midfielder in the league. He is raw talent who is no where near disciplined enough to play as the holding mid in a midfield 2. Alongside a disciplined Drinky, ace, alongside others who are less of a leader to advise him, pretty awful. 

Iborra has been nothing short of uninspiring. Mostly due to lack of fitness and adapting to the premier league.

Maybe I should re-phrase- we have no Premier league quality holding midfielders (lots of talent, but for various reasons they either aren't match fit, indisciplined or lacking leadership).  

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree that changing a formation is not straightforward but why the hell didn't we use pre season to try things out? And why have we bought midfielders who can't play effectively in a 2?

I don't know, ask Rudkin. 

1 minute ago, Wakeyfox said:

How's the weather down there at the mo? 

Storm just whipping up again. Some squally showers and gale force winds at times. If the ball is in the air a lot today, than it's going to be scrappy and ugly. 

Goalkeeper kicks not likely to make it far up the pitch.

Well Appleton has one chance here to make an impression. Looks like he can't be bothered. We will get beat today. It's pretty clear this set up doesn't work. Just look how we did against Huddersfield and Bournemouth. Completely over ran. 

Archived