Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FraserSorensen

[OFFICIAL] Claude Puel is the new manager for Leicester City

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Talk Spite aren't impressed. Say the media will be negative about the appointment. Bring it on! Claude Puel...really?

If the media is negative then maybe this is actually something good

Puel started his football career as a youth with Castres FC, where he was spotted by AS Monaco, joining their training centre in 1977. He played his first professional game in the 1979–80 season. He spent his entire career at Monaco, playing 601 official matches in total. During his time at Monaco, he won two championships and three French Cups

I'm actually glad everyone thinks this is a rubbish appointment, similar to when we got Raneiri.

Hopefully managers and players will want to prove the doubters wrong and we can climb the table.

Anyway we need to change our manager 8 times a season to have that new manager bounce over 38 games and we'll win the league......

ambivalent

amˈbɪv(ə)l(ə)nt/

adjective

having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone.

"some loved her, some hated her, few were ambivalent about her"

synonyms:equivocal, uncertain, unsure, doubtful, indecisive, inconclusive, irresolute, in two minds, undecided, unresolved, in a dilemma, on the horns of a dilemma, in a quandary, on the fence, torn, hesitating, fluctuating, wavering, vacillating, equivocating, mixed; 

opposing, conflicting, contradictory, clashing; 

confused, muddled, vague, hazy, unclear;

informaliffy, blowing hot and cold

5 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Disappointing and surprised to be honest, I actually was expecting this one to be just paper talk. So fan choice Dyche was considered not good enough? 

ISN’t good enough. 

Claude P?  Meh. Let’s see. I wanted a vampire at the helm sucking the blood out of our opponents. Never mind. We’ll have a P please Bob. 

Just now, smr said:

Remember all the bitching and moaning about Ranieri when he was announced? Now everyone wants him to be their third Grandad... give Puel a chance ffs.

I never moaned about Ranieri he had premier pedigree he was the one that created the Chelsea that went to win the title after they sacked him, but when Matt la tissier says he put Southampton a step backwards  I think we have cause to be concerned 

2 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Wasn't good enough for Southampton, but is us???? Poor poor recruitment 

Southampton have finished in the top ten in each of the last 4 years.

We've finished in the top ten four times in the last 20 years.

We need to appreciate that the title winning season is an anomaly and that the type of finishes Southampton have been getting should be our target.

Rather than running before we can walk. I'd much rather go through a phase of finishing in and around the 7th to 10th ish positions provided we've got a clear plan in terms of bringing players in and keeping them so that maybe we can start to breach into the European places again.

I think that the media like to make out that the owners are too ambitious for their own good but for me this has the potential to be a smart and vital appointment for us. I don't think he got a fair crack of the whip at Southampton. Losing Mane, Wanyama and Fonte aswell as Van Djik for half season. That'd be like us losing Maguire, Ndidi, Morgan and Vardy.

IF Puel can keep us well clear of the relegation places (ideally top 10), bring in a few players that are comfortable with the ball and implement a clear style of play then it will be a good season for us.

Archived