Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. STOKE (A)..pre match thoughts..

Leicester City supporters heading to bet365 Stadium on Saturday 4 November to watch the Premier League fixture against Stoke City will receive a free limited edition ‘Be Fearless’ scarf!

- Fans making the trip to Stoke City on Saturday (12:30pm kick-off) can claim a free ‘Be Fearless’ scarf
- Claude Puel’s men take on the Potters at bet365 Stadium in the Premier League
- Supporters can claim their scarf from the compound outside the away turnstiles by presenting their match ticket

The Foxes head to Staffordshire having recorded three wins on the spin in all competitions, with the latest coming against Everton on Sunday.

The Blue Army packed out King Power Stadium for Claude Puel’s first game in charge and watched on as a superb first-half performance saw Jamie Vardy and Demarai Gray find the back of the net.

As a thank you to supporters making their way to the Potteries, they can lay claim to a free scarf by simply presenting their match ticket to members of Leicester City staff in the compound outside the away turnstiles at bet365 Stadium upon arrival.

Strictly one scarf per person.

Please ensure that you arrive early to collect your free scarf.

I am hoping that Puel may adopt some flexibility to how we set up, depending on the opposition, just so we aren't so predictable each week. I have a feeling it won't be 4-1-1 ala Claudio and Shakey, not sure it will be the same set up as yesterday either to be honest, just so we are more compact, using pace on the break, but also having possession  and not hoof and run. I do think that Gray, Chilwell and Mahrez will start however. Maybe, dare I say it, 3-4-3!

GK: Kasper

DC: Dragovic

DC: Morgan

DC: Maguire

ML: Chilwell

MC: Iborra

MC: Ndidi

MR: Albrighton

AML: Gray

AMR: Mahrez

ST: Vardy

Subs: Hamer, Simpson, King, Fuchs, Okazaki, Slimani, Iheanacho. 

8 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Whatever the team, its very nice to not be dead certain about who will be picked and what the formation will be.   Feels luxurious. 

This post...wins the best post for October and the coming November Hands down. 

Just sit back and enjoy....

13 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I am hoping that Puel may adopt some flexibility to how we set up, depending on the opposition, just so we aren't so predictable each week. I have a feeling it won't be 4-1-1 ala Claudio and Shakey, not sure it will be the same set up as yesterday either to be honest, just so we are more compact, using pace on the break, but also having possession  and not hoof and run. I do think that Gray, Chilwell and Mahrez will start however. Maybe, dare I say it, 3-4-3!

Crying out for this surely

Let's play the same formation as last time but 

at the 60' mark , Get Gray/Mahrez out and Put Okazaki 

then Slimani for Vardy 

We will play more defensive while having two upfront ready to strike a goal , Okazaki with his speed and Slimani with his head 

so we would have a 1st half (Attacking full force with Vardy , Mahrez & Gray upfront) 

2nd half deffensive play while still able to attack with a complete different front (Shinji , Slim & Mahrez/gray)

Because what I noticed last time is that Everton was pressing upfront , but they left enough players in the back to Counter Vardy 

so I suggest we don't leave the opponent any chance of countering the strikers especially since we have a bunch of them and they all play differently 

15 hours ago, Gazza M said:

That actually looks boss

The same team ....except....Im a big Chillwell  and Fuchs fan...but, i dont think that Chilly as a wing back works, and i think Fuchs best days are behind him. So, i would drop Fuchs and put Chilly at left back and restart Albrighton.

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Absolutely . Top ten aspirations require us to put away sides like Stoke home or away 

But stoke are also considering themselves in that 7 to 10 place spread. winning at the 365 is something that no team should 'expect'. all the big sides have struggled there over the years at some point. expecting to win there marks you out as a top six club, not a top ten.  really looking forward to see how Puel sets us up and the tactics he employs. anything could happen ! 

On 30/10/2017 at 13:03, Foxy_Bear said:

I don't think we'll see a regular, week in week out system until at least January, maybe not at all. 

Purl seems like the sort of manager who looks to play against the team he's playing. What I mean by that is, set up his team based on the strengths and weaknesses of whatever team he's playing that day. Which explains why he chopped and changed so much at Southampton and why he's known for getting good results. It also explains why he's seen as boring as his main concern each week is to stop the opposing team from playing their game. 

I think this could work for us as it will keep a lot of the players happy, knowing they will play here and there and make us unpredictable for teams to play against. 

‘His main in concern each week is stop the opposing team from  playing their game.’

If that’s what he does we are in trouble, and I don’t agre with it at all.

That was Shakespeare’s raison d’etre, and it was a complete load of bollox.

There was nothing in that game on Sunday however to suggest this; more he played to our attacking strengths, which is the way to go with the players we have.

15 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

‘His main in concern each week is stop the opposing team from  playing their game.’

If that’s what he does we are in trouble, and I don’t agre with it at all.

That was Shakespeare’s raison d’etre, and it was a complete load of bollox.

There was nothing in that game on Sunday however to suggest this; more he played to our attacking strengths, which is the way to go with the players we have.

I think there WAS enough there to suggest that.

In the first half, we stopped them by playing offensively. Once the changed their system, we changed ours to a more defensive style in order to counter their change....

Puel and Appleton, wont be reading foxestalk.Planque is having a trial for Leicester Tigers,as the  next prop forward.

So, I will leave it to them to the selection and tactics.The aftermath means they will be either  flowered with plaudits,

or Planque, will return and pull out the board, for them to walk out on....

For me, 6-8 games before I analyse any game plans or selections.

Individual games are always worth the comment, but I want to sit back and enjoy 1st the simplicity of supporting them blindly, and give the new set up, space and patience , affording them the respect, that they need time to mould, and mesh their ways into the team. That means, knowing their will be hiccups along the way...

Stoke, is just 1 stone along a long road, that will help to slowly show us, what "Team-Puel" 

can produce..

23 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Part of me says dropping Fuchs and Simpson after keeping a clean sheet against Everton is madness BUT if this system works  it could be awesome..

Gray,Vardy & Mahrez together showed glimpses of being almost unplayable..Phil Neville said on MOTD the only way to have stopped THAT goal was to have brought

Gray down..reminded me of what Heskey/Collymore might have been ...WTF lets go for it

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:42, Gazza M said:

Would go for Amartey on the bench ahead of Simpson, as he offers more flexibility

Archived