Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Stoke (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Also the one we won the league with so more nuanced than simply what it looks like on paper I think? X

yeah but the whole point is we can’t play that system anymore cos we’ve been worked out and we don’t have kante. so we sacked two managers in a row for trying to play it. and now we have a newer manager and he’s named it as his starting line up and everyone thinks it’s revolutionary? 

6 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah but the whole point is we can’t play that system anymore cos we’ve been worked out and we don’t have kante. so we sacked two managers in a row for trying to play it. and now we have a newer manager and he’s named it as his starting line up and everyone thinks it’s revolutionary? 

Is it the same system though?

We used to play a 4-4- 1-1, with Okazaki slightly ahead of the rest of the midfield. I thought last week (and I presume this week to), it's more of a 4-2-3-1. I suppose it's similar, but not exactly the same though. With Chilwell injured, he's just shifted Mahrez wide and put Okazaki where Mahrez was.

Plus with Gray instead of Albrighton (and not starting King), we can keep the ball better.

7 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Gray and Mahrez is the most obvious. something Shakey never dared to do. Now what remains to be seen is how the team will press on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

Is it the same system though?

We used to play a 4-4- 1-1, with Okazaki slightly ahead of the rest of the midfield. I thought last week (and I presume this week to), it's more of a 4-2-3-1. I suppose it's similar, but not exactly the same though. With Chilwell injured, he's just shifted Mahrez wide and put Okazaki where Mahrez was.

Plus with Gray instead of Albrighton (and not starting King), we can keep the ball better.

dunno, club twitter called it 442. 

so the main difference is not starting king? so basically we sacked shakespeare cos iborra was injured? 

up the blues. 

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

@kingfox will be over the moon! Big Dan back on the bench.

Or he won't, cos he didn't have him in his squad.

#confused.com

:P

Using a # on a forum at your age :nigel:

Big Dan scored in this fixture last year, but instead of scoring the equaliser, he'll be scoring the winner today.

Enjoy the game Col

IMG_2588.JPG.f1589a45b80d0105a563575f0c2a64ef.JPG

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

dunno, club twitter called it 442. 

so the main difference is not starting king? so basically we sacked shakespeare cos iborra was injured? 

up the blues. 

Gray instead of Albrighton, different formation, different tactics and instructions (not just hoofing it up the pitch).

There's more to football than just the players and the formation. Otherwise I may as well have the job, since I can put out the same team and tell them to play 4-4-2, and I'd do it for a lot cheaper.

Pretty sure it will be a classic 442... we haven't done too badly against Stoke with that in the past, and I'm sure Puel wants the opportunity to assess our preferred formation in person to get better information before deciding on his tweaks.

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

Gray instead of Albrighton, different formation, different tactics and instructions (not just hoofing it up the pitch).

There's more to football than just the players and the football. Otherwise I may aswell have the job, since I can put out the same team and tell them to play 4-4-2, and I'd do it for a lot cheaper.

well yeah, that’s the point. my nan could’ve chosen this team and formation cos it’s the same as it was under ranieri and shakespeare, so why are the first 3 pages of this thread praising the second coming, when if shakespeare chose a standard 442 people would already be looking to the next game cos we’ve lost this one. 

What worries me a little from that line up is that a new manager has come in with fresh eyes and decided that Shinji starts ahead of Kelechi. 

That's not a dig at Shinji by the way, but I just expected Ihenacheo to be a class above.

Just now, ScouseFox said:

well yeah, that’s the point. my nan could’ve chosen this team and formation cos it’s the same as it was under ranieri and shakespeare, so why are the first 3 pages of this thread praising the second coming, when if shakespeare chose a standard 442 people would already be looking to the next game cos we’ve lost this one. 

I would call it backing the new manager rather than claiming he's the second coming.

Archived