Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Stoke (A) Match Thread

16 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Looks like a 442 on paper but no doubt the system adopted will be anything but predictable.

Let's see how it goes.  :thumbup:

Wouldnt  suprise me to see Shinji actually taking up Chilwell position, which would be a shrewd move.

Hes played there, in his early profi days, also in Mainz.

Hes better coming through from midfield, than an out n out frontman.

He could well be the 1st one to score today....

Love to see Iborra pop up and score his 1st goal

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

My sense of optimism has been dampened somewhat now that you've highlighted this.

This individual shouldn't be anywhere near a football field.  He's incompetent.

thought you would like that news

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

well yeah, that’s the point. my nan could’ve chosen this team and formation cos it’s the same as it was under ranieri and shakespeare, so why are the first 3 pages of this thread praising the second coming, when if shakespeare chose a standard 442 people would already be looking to the next game cos we’ve lost this one. 

I see your point. Two things

1. I'm still hoping it's not 4-4-2 ('cus we know how that works), but the 4-2-3-1 that we tried last week.

2. Gray for Albrighton is a massive change. Gray is far, far more threatening. As hard working as Albrighton is, he hasn't been a threat for a while, so it's no surprise that teams can focus their efforts on Mahrez. Shakespeare (and mostly Ranieri) were far too defensive to play both together.

27 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah but the whole point is we can’t play that system anymore cos we’ve been worked out and we don’t have kante. so we sacked two managers in a row for trying to play it. and now we have a newer manager and he’s named it as his starting line up and everyone thinks it’s revolutionary? 

I would argue that it has worked on occasion, especially at the end of last season.  As long as we mix it up now and then we can certainly use it from time to time.  As for the people thinking it is revolutionary?  I think you think people think that more than people actually think that, I certainly have never said that. X

Archived