Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Sit Down or Stand Up?

41 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-42265978 

Can't imagine them doing this in L block?

If it happened with us to either SK1 or L1 the atmosphere afterwards would be non existent and would ruin matchdays for me but I don't think the club are worried about the atmosphere! It's only the minority who worry about that.

So if it was to happen here then the club would do it knowing they have fans happily waiting to take the newly available seats.

After the police lied and covered up the true reason the hillsborough disaster happened, which was the police panicked, opened the big gates, letting ticketless fans in as well, and blamed the fans for rushing the gate, I think safe standing should be looked at and legislated on as a matter of urgency.

Standing has been around for ages, and if numbers are controlled, is far safer than everyone standing in a seated area, I have seen more injuries relating to falls in an all seater than I ever did standing in the kop, due to being the biggest trip hazard if pushed from behind, by over zealous goal celebrations.

• Like 2

Didn't the club try to enforce something similar with us a few years back. I vaguely remember we went through a spell where every week there seemed to be some sort of issues between stewards and fans along with reports of some STHs being issued with warning letters about persistent standing. 

With regards to the situation at Norwich, surely common sense should prevail and those whose views are obstructed should be relocated towards the front or to areas where other fans don't stand. I know it's often said that if common sense was common we wouldn't have such issues but the standard of organisation these days is beyond farcical.

On the flip side however it really bugs me when those individuals who complain about obstructed views then take the stance that they refuse to move seat. Seen it often at away games where someone is moaning that others are stood up and they can't see, yet when the person obstructing the view politely offers to swap seats they flatly refuse and get confrontational about the situation.