Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Southampton (A) Match Thread

Just now, adam said:

Bizarre team and bench selection. Surely no one can be that knackered that they need a rest already. Nailed on defeat with that midfield 

We played a worse midfield and smashed Man City last season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I think you have had what the young folk call "a mare" here mate.  I was quite clearly talking about Ulloa if you actually read the thread rather than just comment without even putting in that much effort.  Great put down though and I haven;t heard the word dweeb since about 1997 so that was quite a nice walk down memory lane.  X

Yeah dweebs a classic 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think you have had what the young folk call "a mare" here mate.  I was quite clearly talking about Ulloa if you actually read the thread rather than just comment without even putting in that much effort.  Great put down though and I haven;t heard the word dweeb since about 1997 so that was quite a nice walk down memory lane.  X

Yep, a mare indeed. Glad the retro put down was appreciated? 

Okazaki was good when he came on and Gray was frustrating, so I can understand that. But other changes are wrong for me.

Ok Iborra wasn’t great the other night, but King?

Dropping Albrighton is poor and putting Chilwell in his place is inexplicable. The boy is not comfortable with the ball at all, he just runs forward a few yards and then stops and starts thinking about where he’s going to kick it.

Edited by Kitchandro

Just now, HitchinFox said:

Is this for real? King on for Iborra? No Gray? Chilwell and Fuchs both on?

Well, out of all the teams, Southampton is the one Puel should know the most about. Hope this comes off – could be ugly if it doesn't.

Did you really think we'd play the same team all December? The manager literally told us he'd have to rotate so god knows why people are acting like he's lost his mind!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Rotation at some point is to be expected, we can't play the same team week in week out. 

It's still a sickener even though you know it's coming. This is where not getting Silva having staff capable of doing their job can punish you 

The overreaction in this thread is astounding. Too many people with a diploma in moaning.?

Let‘s show some faith in the squad tonight and see how the Puel Battle Plan develops as the game progresses.

We need to allocate our power accordingly, with league, FA Cup and League Cup action dominating the following weeks.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

Don't get why people are so nonplussed about the selection. We all know how many games we've got coming up, and that Claude has told us he's going to rotate. Fuchs is back in postition, Chilwell has been given another chance to grow in a role he's already looked very promising in, and Shinji is back in the position we know Vards thrives off. King is the weird choice for some - but him coming in gives Iborra a rest and we don't have many more eligible central midfielders except for King and Amartey.

I'll reserve judgement until the second minute, THEN I'll start slagging Kingy off.