Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Huddersfield (H) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

First half was an absolute shocker. 

Jury is out on Slimani. Not sure how a player can be so bad and so good in the same game.

Much better second half. Albrighton has to go to the world cup. He's brilliant. Gray on the other hand has to be one of the worst decision makers in the league. If he had a brain, it would be dangerous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rasmic123 said:
14 minutes ago, Milo said:

Slim was excellent second half. Full of running and causing problems. 

Mahrez sublime. 

Albrighton and N’Didi also really good. Central defence solid, full backs suspect. 

James looked like a bad Andy King, unfortunately. 

Thought amartey had a good game

He makes me nervous. Bambi on ice and thick as fvck

5 minutes ago, bluesbrothers said:

I still cannot fathom how Albrighton has never had an England call-up. Apart from a couple of games this season and the doldrums of Claudio's last days, he's been on fire for three years now, with a range of crosses to make Steve Guppy blush. Even when we've been crap, he's popped up with assist after assist.

Surely it's time for Southgate to take a punt. SURELY?

:englandsmile4wf:

Better for us and himself if there's no pressure for a call up maybe.

The obsession over a call up for England could result in a lot more focus and a slump would hit him hard.

Cant fault the man that much. Even when things go bad for us he always gives 110% to the cause.

• Like 2

Just now, Rasmic123 said:

Slimani very good, lots of industry and showed his quality too. Question is, how do we get him in the team because I feel you have to start okizaki

Problem when you have vardy and Okazaki playing so well...  slim and nacho find it hard to get a run out and some think that isn’t fair but who do you drop? Slim today shown why we paid the money we did for sure though he was immense all over the place 

it is a good problem though and why managers get paid their millions 

9 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

The 1st goal completely changed the game and Slimani was a totally different player after he scored.

Huddersfield were truly terrible and eventually we were better than they were. You could see us grow in confidence throughout the 2nd half and became very comfortable.

Not a match that changes my view about Slimani or our prospects under the manager at all, however. We were predictably dull and clueless before a sublime goal out of nothing.

and sure enough here he is !

the irony you say predictably dull and clueless

• Like 2

After I finished puking my guts out, things turned around and the match was a joy.

Silmani was wonderous, and we could have easily scored another goal if things had bounced slightly differently. 

Huddersfield was dire.

Edited by UPinCarolina

7 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

The 1st goal completely changed the game and Slimani was a totally different player after he scored.

Huddersfield were truly terrible and eventually we were better than they were. You could see us grow in confidence throughout the 2nd half and became very comfortable.

Not a match that changes my view about Slimani or our prospects under the manager at all, however. We were predictably dull and clueless before a sublime goal out of nothing.

Goals? Changing games?

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Very strange that people were questioning the line up, when we then win 3-0 James plays well and Slimani wins MOTM

Not really - first half was full of truly awful performances, second half was full of really good performances 

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

First half was an absolute shocker. 

Jury is out on Slimani. Not sure how a player can be so bad and so good in the same game.

Much better second half. Albrighton has to go to the world cup. He's brilliant. Gray on the other hand has to be one of the worst decision makers in the league. If he had a brain, it would be dangerous.

Confidence. The crowd sing his name and he was away like a raging bull. I have been a massive critic of his because I thought he got the arse too much but that second half was certainly doing his chances the world of good, whether with us, or elsewhere.

Just now, worthosoriginals said:

and sure enough here he is !

the irony you say predictably dull and clueless

You do love trolling around on here don’t you.

I literally don’t think you’ve ever made a post of your own, giving an opinion on the team, how we should play etc.

I don’t agree with Kitch either but you just LOVE to jump on him don’t you.

1st half was shocking (for both teams), both teams looked like they’d gone out last night and got smashed! It was so boring.

2nd was a huge improvement for us, played very well, Mahrez goal - Excellent (how does he normally exit the pitch - does he normally clap all round :unsure:), Slimani again very good goal! He even had some very good touches (after he scored), still looked clumsy at times though (before he scored) but credit where credit is due.

Hard to say too much about Silva but he looks very classy! Lots of finesse based on that 10 minutes.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Honestly, the first half was average.  We looked toothless and it wasn't great but all this "first half was a shocker" "first half terrible" is just a depressing example of the modern day fashion to jump to extremes.  We sound like a tabloid newspaper.  The first half was boring and not great, it was by no means terrible.  By very definition a nil-nil half cannot be truly terrible.  To me it looked boring, lacking in imagination yet very, very comfortable. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2