Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Fleetwood Town (A) 0-0 FA Cup 3rd Round

Just as well we didn't lose judging by many of the comments to date! 

Yes it was poor, with some awful individual performances, and we lacked ambition to really win it, but we're still in it. It was a banana skin we have avoided for possibly another day, so I'll take that for all the ultra bore-fest it was.

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

I just don't see why people are defending the manager. There is nothing to like about him. Constant changes (sometimes for no reason), an utterly depressing and ineffective style of football and a complete disregard for the fans who want to see their team try to win a trophy.

The only argument in his defence is that he hasn't been here long, but he's been here long enough for people to see he's not very good.

We'd like to hear you more when we're winning.

It was a dreadful performance from players who didn't seem to give a fck. He gave their chance and wanted yo see who's worth keeping.

Now he knows. We move on and batter them at the KP. End of line.

• Like 1

So naive of everyone to think how bad we were, Fleetwood were textbook perfection on how to deal with mid table premier league teams. They played the game of their season, honestly you are thick as pig shit if you expected this match to be a breeze lol this game was the biggest game of their year and they made it impossible. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Did he get anything remotely close to service today? Nah didnt think so he's such a easy target to blame.

Edit: This was supposed to go in the slim thread

Watch his rating. And Puel's. In for a good laugh.

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

My mate asked me not to message him during the match as he's recorded the game to watch later (family commitments) and he doesn't want to know the score. I have just texted him to say don't waste your time. I felt I owed it to him as a friend.

Hahaha I just did exactly the same thing. Nothing to see was there. 

That was even worse than Millwall away last year. 

Just back on way home now on coach and now. Anyone who also went should be allowed in for nothing for replay. That was truly woeful it really was. 

King...love the guy for his years but he steals a wage. 

Slimani.. Let's stop the defense and excuses. He is wank. He can't be arsed. 

Constant hoof ball. 

Their keeper didn't even get dirty 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Which 8?

I'd say Silva was the only one, the rest have a serious question mark, if we're being kind.

EDIT: and Gray

Slimani. Averages a goal every 190 minutes in the PL. Roughly 1 goal in 2 games.

I can take arguments that he's not got enough quality for a top-10 premier league team, but you can't argue that he isn't a PL quality striker.

6 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I just don't see why people are defending the manager. There is nothing to like about him. Constant changes (sometimes for no reason), an utterly depressing and ineffective style of football and a complete disregard for the fans who want to see their team try to win a trophy.

The only argument in his defence is that he hasn't been here long, but he's been here long enough for people to see he's not very good.

Shit, you think the football

in the league is depressing? Really?

honestly you are thick as pig shit if you expected this match to be a breeze

I expected some effort at the vety least so the viewing public could say that both teams tried to win instead of one team just turning up to ride a donkey on the beach.

• Like 1

What a disgrace that was.

Granted, we fielded a weakened side but one that should've been strong enough to knock out a lower league club. This was a chance for the fringe players to make a big impression on Puel and they squandered it. We simply don't have the quality in depth, which is why we need to ship out players who are not good enough to play for the first team week in week out.

And now we have a needless replay to deal with. Great.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Change the record , yes it was a woeful performance from what is mainly our second string but Puel has improved us no end . And just out of interest who would you realistically want to replace him who is

1)going to be better

2) wants to come here 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 2